The England thread

Henderson isn't bad he just seems scared shitless most of the time. A lot of that might be from playing on the wing. He is also quite young. I think he will be a good to great player but he needs to grow a pair.

Have to wonder about the Richards exclusions... but I think Kelly's awesome so I'm not too bothered. Strange that after so many years of having awful right backs we have three or four choices to pick from all of a sudden.

One defender, two defender, three defender, four,

He gets the ball he beats them all you know we're gonna score,

Wearing red and white he is Sunderland through and through,

He hates the maggie scum because he's just like me and you,

Hen-der-son tra-la-la-la, Hen-der-son, tra-la-la-la

I love super Jordan. His inclusion in the standby squad is odd but if he gets into the squad I wish him nothing but the best. He has the potential to be a very good player and I just hope he realises that potential and doesn't stagnate.

I wouldn't look too much into Kelly being called up, he's probably just there in case of emergency with no expectation of getting gametime, in the same way Butland is the standby goalkeeper ahead of Carson, Loach, Smithies, etc: who have more experience

Surely something happened with Richards in the England squad because this doesn't make sense at all. With Capello, people just thought he simply didn't rate him highly, but now with a new manager he gets overlooked as well? It's not like Kelly has consistently played this season either.

We've discussed it a couple of times recently here but the prevailing belief is that for both Capello and Woy, Micah is far too much his own man and doesn't stick to the tactics set out by the manager.

Roy will know Kelly too from their time together you'd imagine, and since there's obviously a reason Richards isn't in the squad at all it would make no sense to call him up for one game so I see why Kelly has been called up for this game.

Surely something happened with Richards in the England squad because this doesn't make sense at all. With Capello, people just thought he simply didn't rate him highly, but now with a new manager he gets overlooked as well? It's not like Kelly has consistently played this season either.

We've discussed it a couple of times recently here but the prevailing belief is that for both Capello and Woy, Micah is far too much his own man and doesn't stick to the tactics set out by the manager.

So he picks Phil "get the ball and run 40 yards with it leaving a massive hole in the defence" Jones? That's not knocking Jones by the way, he's a good player but he's similar to Richards in that regard.

So he picks Phil "get the ball and run 40 yards with it leaving a massive hole in the defence" Jones? That's not knocking Jones by the way, he's a good player but he's similar to Richards in that regard.

This is a very valid point and needs to be brought up more often because I thought I was only one who noticed it.