The England thread

Solid win last night, although expected nothing different really from us. Lampard played well in the first, Milner and Cleverley too. Still not sure on Gerrard/Lampard as a midfield duo as neither really 'sit' in front of the defence for all that long and often wander forward, which is fine against Moldova but I doubt we'll have both of these heading to the World Cup. Hoping we get some more of our youngsters playing around these older players though, Terry's absence means we should be testing Cahill or Jones, and I hope Baines gets another game alongside Ox. They linked up well.

Missed the game last night because I was at a wedding but 5-0 is a good start to the qualifying campaign. If we can follow that up with a win against Ukraine on Tuesday then we'll be well on our way. I'll watch the highlights later when I can retrieve the remote control from the missus. :(

Yeah, Livermore's just not good enough.

I think Sterling will grow to be a fixture in the side, I like the prospect of Chamberlain on one side and Sterling on the other, but it seems like way too soon for him to be called up, really. But I'm not complaining, he's clearly got talent. I don't know enough about Lallana to comment on him.