The England thread

Maybe she was born to 2 parents with different dual nationalities, who were each born in another country, giving the child 6 different nationalities. One of which being Ukraine

It's possible!

He's Welsh.

No one moves to Wales, no one leaves Wales.

Try again.

Maybe she was born to 2 parents with different dual nationalities, who were each born in another country, giving the child 6 different nationalities. One of which being Ukraine

It's possible!

He's Welsh.

No one moves to Wales, no one leaves Wales.

Try again.

We're 6-1 down to Serbia. Can you blame me for looking for a second nationality?

Shit second half, it's a shame when our only attacking threat was Glen Johnson who generally does fuck all with it. Lampard was non-existent in the whole game, Carrick should've played instead. Credit though for not giving up and eventually forcing the equaliser.

Maaan, I was fuming at that Welbeck 'penalty' that never was, but bloody ell Danny, no need to do that even if we are 1-0 down. Hate seeing that. What does Fergie teach his young players!? I can deal with 1-1 despite the defoe goal and cleverly shot, but I skipped from 45th minute to 80th minute so plenty could've happened whilst I wasn't watching. Still, despite my complaints about Welbeck, he was very threatening in the box.

I loved Townsend moaning about how Welbeck should have dived and then being disappointed in Danny when the replay showed that he did.

As much as I'm not a fan of Townsend, he said Welbeck should have gone down after the defender tackled him instead of staying on his feet, he didn't condone diving. One is smartly (albeit cynically) drawing contact from a defender to win a penalty, the other is being a cheating twat. shifty.gif

Not a bad result in all. Much more impressed by England attacking-wise in the second half; they were a bit toothless in the first half besides from Defoe's rocket. Felt sorry for Cleverley (probably due to club bias) but, as Starvinho said, that first miss was shocking. Welbeck was lively when he came on and Milner's mazy run at the end was the best I've seen from an England winger in a bloody age. Just pissed of at the amount of misplaced simple passes, especially when the likes of Gerrard can cross like he did for Defoe's chance in the first half. Gerrard's bad pass basically led to his dismissal and Joleon's (who has been worryingly gash in both games, IMO) pass-to-arse was just woeful.

EDIT: Could watch the Ukraine goal all day, beautiful strike.

Edited by badotori

I do think things are looking promising for England because it's still a massive work in progress. We are keeping the ball better, even though when we do give it away, it's in stupid positions which in our case lead to a goal (but my god was that strike nice). Subs did all look good when they came on, though I think our shape was lost a bit and I'm not too big on Welbeck on the wing. Had a fair few chances, Cleverly and Welbeck should've both scored and I felt very sorry for Defoe, crackin' strike. Though his header to Cleverly was definitely no on purpose.