The England thread

I think Lennon's earned his right to be called back up, he's put in a few nice performances. Happy for Shawcross and Gibbs, too. I was just saying in here the other day that Shawcross deserved a call-up. I like the team we've picked, hoping we put in some good performances.

Always been a big fan of Shawcross. Fergie has said a few times he regrets selling him to Stoke, and he only did because at the time we had Pique, who then decided he wanted to return to Braca just a couple months later. Quality defender who deserves his chance.

On that note, where do you think Gary Hooper stands with getting a call up? Think it'll ever happen while he's playing in Scotland or not? The guy seems to score a shed load of goals, surely he's worth a punt for an uncoming friendly, or something.

I want to see him called up. Maybe that chance is now higher with Forster getting the call.

Good for him, and Shawcross, Lennon and Gibbs too. Liking the way Roy is going about this England team.

On that note, where do you think Gary Hooper stands with getting a call up? Think it'll ever happen while he's playing in Scotland or not? The guy seems to score a shed load of goals, surely he's worth a punt for an uncoming friendly, or something.

Scoring goals in Scotland means pretty much fuck all, I doubt he's ever been really considered. If he wants to play for England, he needs to move to a more competitive league.

We're pretty strong up-front anyways. The four in the squad now seem to be Hodgson's favourties, then there's Sturridge, Young, Crouch, Bent, Zamora, Agbonlahor, Campbell, etc. Where would Hooper fall in the pecking order? It's one thing scoring goals in Scotland, but doing it in the big league is what counts.

We're pretty strong up-front anyways. The four in the squad now seem to be Hodgson's favourties, then there's Sturridge, Young, Crouch, Bent, Zamora, Agbonlahor, Campbell, etc. Where would Hooper fall in the pecking order? It's one thing scoring goals in Scotland, but doing it in the big league is what counts.

It's alright just naming striking options, doesn't mean any of them are any good.

It's alright just naming striking options, doesn't mean any of them are any good.

Some of them are pretty good though, I'd take at least 8 English strikers before I'd even consider Hooper. Rooney, Defoe, Welbeck, Crouch, Carroll, Bent, Sturridge and Young.

Young is hardly a striker. If you're listing him as one then Theo Walcott definitely has to be there too.

I'd class Walcott as a striker too, could easily play there if needed. But like those above me have said, he just doesn't score enough goals.

Jonjo Shelvey and Ryan Bertrand have been called into England's squad for this month's World Cup qualifiers, with Kieran Gibbs pulling out of the squad.

Good to see Shelvey get a call-up, he's really impressed me this season.

Edited by Starvinho