The England thread

I can't see why, we traditionally qualify easily and then start bringing in young exciting players with barely two games before a tournament to get overawed and not gel with their team mates.

Now, and particularly against the weaker teams like today, is the perfect time to start playing the Welbecks and Chamberlains and get them used to playing for the senior team.

Sterlings just gone tumbling in the box for the U21s, clearly not a penalty.

I can't see why, we traditionally qualify easily and then start bringing in young exciting players with barely two games before a tournament to get overawed and not gel with their team mates.

Now, and particularly against the weaker teams like today, is the perfect time to start playing the Welbecks and Chamberlains and get them used to playing for the senior team.

Sterlings just gone tumbling in the box for the U21s, clearly not a penalty.

Sterling has been diving more than Suarez lately and nobody has batted an eyelid.

Oh, he's British.

To be honest Sterling's main saving grace will not be that he's British, but that he's 'new', or at least not especially well-known, to the majority of non-Liverpool fans who haven't paid much attention to him. The media need the opportunity to build him up before they take relish in tearing him down for being a cheat.

Regarding the match, I'll take 4-0. The silly 7+ scorelines never seem to happen when people expect them...

It occurs to me that I'm sitting down to watch a team I don't especially care for, containing players who (bar Cahill) I'm not all that fond of, representing an organisation I have a fair deal of contempt for, utterly dominate the minnowest of minnow teams.

Why am I doing this again?

It occurs to me that I'm sitting down to watch a team I don't especially care for, containing players who (bar Cahill) I'm not all that fond of, representing an organisation I have a fair deal of contempt for, utterly dominate the minnowest of minnow teams.

Why am I doing this again?

because INGERLUND INGERLUND INGERLUND.

That's basically why I'm here.