The England thread

Rooney and/or Welbeck need to go off. Stop trying all this intricate shit, you don't have the skill for it. Defoe and Carroll would probably just shoot on sight and it'd get us a few more goals.

Getting a bit embarrassing.

Rooney and/or Welbeck need to go off. Stop trying all this intricate shit, you don't need to do it. Defoe and Carroll would probably just shoot on sight and it'd get us a few more goals.

Getting a bit embarrassing.

I like to think that this post prompted the next two goals. >_>

Not sure I could even judge the game properly to give a man of the match considering the nature of it, but I think Welbeck would have been near the bottom of my list for it. Then again, it was awarded solely on the say so of Andy Townsend so I doubt it's something to get too bothered with.

It's very central, four centre mids or five if you count Rooney. Means someone's going to have to be switched on when our fullbacks 'bomb on'.

Edit: Unless Gerrards on the wing! Aargh!

Edited by Colly

I'd imagine it'll be a 4-3-3 that can revert back to a 4-4-2 if needed. Defoe up top, Rooney and Cleverley having free-roles behind him, and Carrick, Gerrard, Milner centre-mid. Carrick will just hold all game to provide cover for the full-backs.

I agree, just wary that's a formation that tends to work better when the pseudo wingers off the striker are a bit quicker, a la Duff and Robben at Chelsea or Villa, Sanchez, Pedro etc etc at Barca. Ours might be more conservative just due to Cleverley and Rooney dropping deeper.

Team has been confirmed now;

Team in full

1 Joe Hart, 2 Glen Johnson, 3 Ashley Cole, 4 Steven Gerrard ©, 5 Phil Jagielka, 6 Joleon Lescott, 7 James Milner, 8 Michael Carrick, 9 Jermain Defoe, 10 Wayne Rooney, 11 Tom Cleverley

Substitutes 12 Kyle Walker, 13 John Ruddy, 14 Leighton Baines, 15 Gary Cahill, 16 Ryan Shawcross, 17 Allex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 18 Jonjo Shelvey, 19 Aaron Lennon, 20 Adam Johnson, 21 Andy Carroll, 22 Danny Welbeck, 23 Fraser Forster