The England thread

It's quite easy to explain: footballers tend to be spoilt, egotistical pricks with an undeserved sense of self-importance.

Like Gazza coming to Burnley and complaining at the thought of washing his own kit. Probably shouldn't ruin your marriage if you can't wash your own clothes/afford to pay someone to do it for you.

• Admin
The Football Association of Ireland says it expects to announce within the next 48 hours that a friendly match with England will take place at Wembley next May.

Reports in the Irish press today relating to a match between the two countries are "correct in principle" according to the FAI.

England team vs Ukraine: 1 Joe Hart, 2 Glen Johnson, 3 Leighton Baines, 4 Steven Gerrard ©, 5 Joleon Lescott, 6 Phil Jagielka, 7 James Milner, 8 Frank Lampard, 9 Jermain Defoe, 10 Tom Cleverley, 11 Alex Oxlade Chamberlain

As expected then.

Subs: 12 Kyle Walker, 13 John Ruddy, 14 Ryan Bertrand, 15 Gary Cahill, 16 Michael Carrick, 17 Jake Livermore, 18 Adam Lallana, 19 Daniel Sturridge, 20 Danny Welbeck, 21 Raheem Sterling, 22 Jack Butland
Edited by Starvinho

Aww, wanted Cahill to get a chance starting but Jagielka's fine. I also think we should maybe utilise our 'World Cup 11' squad a bit more, as this isn't it. Although I'd probably just change one of Lamps/Gerrard (Unless Roy fixes the curse of them "never playing well together") and Wellbeck for Defoe (Rooney would play the Cleverly AMC role, and Cleverly would be moved elsewhere if possible). Obviously not the ideal defensive line-up, but that's down to injuries, not selection.

Wow, that bench looks awful. Take out Walker, Cahill, Welbeck and Carrick and I could easily believe that you'd just shown me the Scotland bench and they'd all just discovered their grandma was Scottish.

Same grandma? They'd have awesome team chem.

I don't watch much football anymore, especially international football (probably a good few years since I watched religiously), but is diving that rampant? Seriously, Ukraine would be the last team I'd think would go down like that.

Do they/are they (FIFA/UEFA whoever) doing anything about it?

Edited by ZJ Penn

Good finish by the Ukraine lad but we should've scored at least 2 ourselves in that half. Cleverley's miss is unforgivable, it was one of those where it was easier to score than miss! Not to worry though, we'll sort it out second half. :)