The England thread

That Crouch goal sort of saved England last night.

It's not like it saved us really. In a friendly, the performance is always more important than the result (which is a nice plus if it's a good one), and up till then, England had played really well, and were only behind to one touch of genius.

Guest muddatrucker

No, like he said, a few years ago his mum told him she thought they had some Italian relatives, I just think the guy is a complete fucking tool, its obvious he supports Man Utd, then went to Milan then Juve and now only speaks about Utd anymore.

As for Cole, he's not injured, he's just leaving Arsenal and they're using shitty injuries as excuses for why he's not playing.

No, like he said, a few years ago his mum told him she thought they had some Italian relatives, I just think the guy is a complete fucking tool, its obvious he supports Man Utd, then went to Milan then Juve and now only speaks about Utd anymore.

As for Cole, he's not injured, he's just leaving Arsenal and they're using shitty injuries as excuses for why he's not playing.

I hate it when everyone at school gets at Beckham, saying he's shit. He delivers perhaps the best cross in the world, but the only reply I got was "oh yeah, did you see two of those corners." Jesus, he's a good player to have on the team, a leader and can play some awesome balls through.

They also said how his balls through kept going to the 'keeper. As did Carricks (I think, anyways). What do you expect though, they're trying to get it to Bent, Uruguay are standing on the 18 yard line defending, it's kinda hard to get a good through ball in.

Jenas doesn't deserve a seat on the plane to Germany, he's shit, maybe it has something to do with him being an ex-toon, but he is. As is Owen Hargreaves. Wonder what reception he would get going into Germany - or Canada - and he's probably got 1,000,000 other nationalities too.

In other news, Defoe :wub:. I loved how this was a school conversation.

Person: "Defoe wasn't that good."

Me: "How can you say that when he played like 10 minutes?"

Person: "Oh yeah, but he's had like, nearly a full match before."

I just laughed.

It's not like it saved us really. In a friendly, the performance is always more important than the result (which is a nice plus if it's a good one), and up till then, England had played really well, and were only behind to one touch of genius.

But weren't getting through. We could play exactly the same against Brazil in the World Cup, but if we don't score it doesn't matter. Crouch, like him or not, is almost impossibly to defend against. It was the same against Argentina, we weren't having any joy until Crouch was brought on.

My point was basically that the performance was good, irrelevant. Does it matter if our makeshift team that have barely had a chance to play together didn't break down Uruguay? Not really, to be honest. Did I expect much from a team that also proceeded to make 6 changes throughout the match, and had a makeshift forward line on in Rooney and Bent? No, not really either.

Yes, Crouch made the difference, and I don't debate that, my point was that it wouldn't have mattered if we'd continued on without Crouch on the pitch, or even brought him on, and still lost 1-0. So he didn't "save us", as the result frankly didn't matter. The win was nice, but the performance was what counted.

And I'm a Crouch fan, so believe me, I'd be quick to verbally fellate him.

Crouch sprints like a spacker >_>

Apart from that, I have no problems with him. He can now head the ball decently, which is really handy for being how tall he is.

I do agree Liam that it isn't the end result that counts, but if we would have lost then it would have shown the squad needs work instead of Sven making every change he can in a match. Granted 2 were forced (Terry and Gerrard) but 6 wasn't THAT neccesary.

I do agree Liam that it isn't the end result that counts, but if we would have lost then it would have shown the squad needs work instead of Sven making every change he can in a match. Granted 2 were forced (Terry and Gerrard) but 6 wasn't THAT neccesary.

If you are talking about players still left in the Champions League only playing a bit part as asked by clubs, you would need to add David Beckham to that list.

And when Jenas was brought on, part of me pined for Hargreaves :(

I felt the same thing. It was like a little part of me died inside.

I mean, seriously. Newcastle/Tottenham fans - how does that piece of walking shit get a game and Scott Parker DOESN'T?

Fuck Parker.....NOLAN......motherfucking NOLAN!

...god, I hate you all.... :shifty: