The England thread

Yeah, I can't really say I understand. You have to get someone to coach your national team... shouldn't you feel some kind of obligation to find someone from your own country?

It would be different if it were, I dunno, Panama, but it's not. They can't find anyone qualified inside their own nation?

A lot of the more talented - and well known - English managers have all been interviews, but all have club commitments, too. So, the FA might not like that, I'm not sure. I'd much rather have someone who's atleast British.

I don't want a manager who's going to need a translater. :rolleyes:

I just couldn't see any of the British managers up for it as England manager. Some of them have done great at club level (see: Allardyce), but I just couldn't see any of them coaching England. Ever since Scolari's name was mentioned I've wanted him to take it, so hopefully he does.

Scolari spends a lot of time watching English matches as there are several Portuguese players in England. He's the kind of manager who doesn't take shit from anyone.Take Vitor Baia for example. He's the player with the highest number of titles still playing, and maybe the best goalkeeper portugal has at the moment, and altough the media and pretty much everyone are behind him Scolari never called him and he even called Porto B's keeper Bruno Vale cause he considered him one of the 3 best goalkeepers at that time(2 years ago or something). Oh, and when you cross the line with him, be sure to never be called up to the squad again(Sergio Conceição)

I think Sam Allardyce would do better as a day to day manager, rather than a manager that plays a game every couple of months. Even though I'd like him to get it, I just don't think it would work.

Martin O'Neill should have it, unless he doesn't want it, simple as that to me.

Scolari is a good choice for someone outside of the UK, but I still think we had enough talented managers to find someone at least.