The England thread

Guest muddatrucker

Its called passion, something that I believe only a national or a long term resident of the country has.

Managers who never played for, never supported and have no connection to a club team can be successful, so why not a national team manager?

YESSSS!

And on and on.

I think it was a pretty positive performance all in all, and we deserved the win. Carrick and Bent played well, just a shame Bent didn't get more chances really. Why Nolan wasn't in the squad still baffles me no end.

What I must say about this current England side is that we seem to have learn how to take games by the scruff of the neck, and be consistently dangerous when we get going. It's performances like we showed today that make me feel more positive about Germany 2006, even if it was just a friendly against Uruguay.

I must admit I loved when Crouch came over and shoved a couple of the opposition players who started on Phillips. And then the ref started pushing people.....genius!

All in all, I'm happy.

Good performance I thought, we easily deserved the win. Joe Cole was simply outstanding for the full 90 minutes, and I was also very impressed with Michael Carrick. On the basis of this game, Carrick deserves a starting place in the England team. The little tussle towards the end was brilliant as well, when their player started having a go at Shaun Wright-Phillips, and Peter Crouch saves the day and pushes him away. Then the referee starts shoving their players as well, brilliant.

All in all the result has left me feeling good about the England team and our potential prospects at the World Cup.

• Admin

5:0! 5:0! 5:0, 5:0! 5:0...

Sorry, just counting the Spurs:Arsenal players on the field ratio.

Jenas was a tad on the shit side, but the other 4 Spurs guys were good, especially Carrick.

SWP and Crouch coming on together was a laugh, and Crouch defending SWP in the 'foght' was funny too. Good performance, overall, a good build up for the world cup.

Sven said that they don't think Bridge's injury is too serious.

I thought Crouch doing the whole 'big brother' act with SWP, starting the tussle, was hilarious. As was him having the wrong number on his back. As was him standing next to SWP when waiting to come on.

Cole and Carrick were awesome all match. Ferdinand not so much. Rooney actually really impressed me too, as, although he is consistently good, he seems to have gotten even better. Still nothing on Cole or Carrick this match though.

And the Uruguay goal was stunning, it has to be said.

• Admin

*adds further note as to why I hate Spurs fans*

Us Spurs fans will cheer for anything. We hardly ever get anything else to cheer about, do we?

Edited by Messiah-Dice

*adds further note as to why I hate Spurs fans*

Us Spurs fans will cheer for anything. We hardly ever get anything else to cheer about, do we?

Yeah, but congrats for having 5 Spurs players in a predominantly "who might squeeze a squad place?" side that England played/had (Y)

Awesome game.

I hate that the volley was never gonna be stopped but England made up for it with Cole's performance being awesome as was Bents, Carricks and SWP's towards the end.

Beckham lofted in an amazing ball in the opening quarter, really shows that when he's on form he can still play amazingly well.

Edited by Jouzy

That Crouch goal sort of saved England last night. Once he got that they were fired up. Shaun Wright Phillips changed the game majorly and he's a must for the World Cup. A year ago I'd have not given Joe Cole a single chance, yet there's no doubt the guy has improved a tonne and was pretty damn good last night. Ferdinand looked very bad last night but I'm not going to shit on the guy for one bad performance. He's proven his talent already so I'm willing to forget last nights performance.

Left back wise, slightly screwed. I pretty much hate Bridge but it was still a shame to see the guy get injured. Is Cole confirmed to not make it or what? Hopefully he can, he's another must have for the World Cup. Overall, good game and a deserving result. They scored from a wonder goal and other than that, they were more focused on long range strikes.

In other news, it's nice to know that Italy slaughtered Germany 4-1 with the World Cup just around the corner.