The England thread

I hope Wright Phillips put's the ball in the back of the net to shut the racist twats up. Rooney was disrespectful in throwing the arm band to the floor,he should have more sense and more respect than to do something like that. We have been pretty poor all game and as it stands I would say we deserve to lose.

I love the way FIFA try and tell us that racism is no longer a problem. I love the way FIFA took no action against the Spanish coach because he was "joking" with Reyes. Spain should have to play with an empty stadium for the next few years - if you don't get serious with them, they'll never learn.

Guest The Real Deal

No offence to English people but from what I have seen England are acting just as much as twats as Spain.

Spain are going down in nearly every challange, and are playing with England.

What Cole did to Raul was uncalled for. And Rooney pushing Cassilis (sp?) was just completely out of order.

No offence to English people but from what I have seen England are acting just as much as twats as Spain.

Spain are going down in nearly every challange, and are playing with England.

What Cole did to Raul was uncalled for. And Rooney pushing Cassilis (sp?) was just completely out of order.

Oh. I didn't read correctly, I thougth you meant the fans. My bad.

But Spain always act like twats and dive around everywhere just watch Joaquin and Torres play and you will see. How a ref can be conned by someone rolling around like their leg is broken then suddenly popping up and running around is beyond me. They should take action and book them, I see refs seeing dives but don't take action. If a player dives anywhere on the pitch it is an automatic yellow in my book.

Oh. I didn't read correctly, I thougth you meant the fans. My bad.

But Spain always act like twats and dive around everywhere just watch Joaquin and Torres play and you will see. How a ref can be conned by someone rolling around like their leg is broken then suddenly popping up and running around is beyond me. They should take action and book them, I see refs seeing dives but don't take action. If a player dives anywhere on the pitch it is an automatic yellow in my book.

Well, the bright spots of that game (for me as a football fan) were specifically Xavi and Joaquin, but the Spanish passing has been brilliant. Fernando Torres was diving all over the place on the level of Cristiano Ronaldo, and the entire England team have been rubbish.

Our black players did fantastic to not react or anything to the fucking racist chants from those Spanish fucktards, although it blatantly effected the entire team out there.

I ask the question; if England were being threatened with being thrown out of a tournament for fan violence, what sort of punishment should Spain get for fan racism? Should they be deducted points? Kicked out of the qualifying all together? A fine is not enough I'm afraid, even if they said "Alright, as punishment you must pay us £1m", because that isn't going to do anything. No matter how much they get fined (and I expect they will for tonight AND last night), it won't teach the fans a lesson.

And to The Really Stupid Deal, what the hell you talking about? Rooney is and always will be a petulant idiot, but other than him (and G. Neville's bloody targetting Reyes) what exactly are you refering to? The Spanish players are DIVING, yes, read it, DIVING all over the place with Xavi being the one player showing the team what football is suppose to be because not once did he stay down from a tackle.

All in all a crap game with bad things happening in all.

Guest The Real Deal

What about Cole then?

And Torres should have got a freekick for crying out loud!

An English guy at a snooker club I go to even noted that in some cases England were over the top.

What im referring to is that the English also acted like twats just as much as the Spanish.

And no offence guys but really England's crowd haven't been the the most friendly in previous sporting events, Hell just look at some of the black people in the Premier League.

Henry, Kanu, Vassel have all been called racist remarks.

And of course the Spanish are going to be assholes, they are at home and the crowd is hyped up. It drives their motivation onwards. And we all know Spain and England don't see eye to eye.

Edited by The Real Deal

What about Cole then?

And Torres should have got a freekick for crying out loud!

An English guy at a snooker club I go to even noted that in some cases England were over the top.

What im referring to is that the English also acted like twats just as much as the Spanish.

And no offence guys but really England's crowd haven't been the the most friendly in previous sporting events, Hell just look at some of the black people in the Premier League.

Henry, Kanu, Vassel have all been called racist remarks.

Now, the only time I can think of Henry getting racist remarks or anything was by a foreign team's fans or foreign coach, not in England from the top of my head. Dunno about Kanu or Vassell myself.

And yes, Cole did overreact a TEENY little bit but SHIT, how would you react if people were making monkey noices to you? If he had gone nuts and given someone a right hook I really couldn't have blamed him. He made a couple of rash challenges but that was all.

And Torres got the free kick when he deserved it. I'm sorry, but England may have played utter shit, but the only player being petulant was Rooney.

Guest The Real Deal

Yeah I respect your opinion, and of course racist remarks are completly wrong and bring this sport into jepordy.

But wasn't there something in the newspaper a few months back about England fans booing to other teams national anthems?

What is the punishment for this? Is there one?

I'm still saying they should have made an example of the national coach, instead of writing it off as a joke. That comment, added to actions in tonights and yesterday's U21 match should result in, IMO, an empty stadium ban thing.

Edited by fineintent

Yeah I respect your opinion, and of course racist remarks are completly wrong and bring this sport into jepordy.

But wasn't there something in the newspaper a few months back about England fans booing to other teams national anthems?

Yeah, that is true. I think that was during the Wales game, so we have an excuse :D .

But seriously, I don't like ANY form of disrespect to nations like that in football matches. Making monkey gestures at a player simply because he is black is much more severe then booing a nation anthem (and for the record, Spain booed and hissed ours tonight)?

Guest Ringmaster

Can someone enlighten me on how Rooney shoved/pushed Casillas into the crowd? I don't understand anything from the descriptions.

I wanted to catch the game but it wasnt on in Canada and the football channel didnt even show scenes from it.

Well both Casillas and Rooney were running/jogging after the ball as it was going out of play. Rooney was a couple of steps behind him and once he started to slow down, just shoved Casllas in the back. But because Casillas was running in the first place, he kept going and went into the crowd.

I saw the highlights on TV and something really snapped in Rooney.

The first Peantly Shot should not of been given. The goalie hit the ball first by a mile.

Someone needs to sit Rooney down and give him a good talking to.

He's just got a short fuse. And it wouldn't be the same player without it.

EDIT My message got cut off :S

I meant to add that the chants were absolutely despicable, and bears no comparison to booing a national anthem (which I'm also against). SWP and Ashley Cole were both visibly affected, understandably. In this day and age it really isn't on, and I really do hope there's some kind of fine or sanction imposed on the Spanish FA. If it were English fans doing this, we'd be booted out of national tournaments.

Edited by dragon27