The England thread

Thing about Beck's getting booked...I think it's great that he did! I mean, now he doesn't have to worry about getting booked in future games. He's out of the game on Wednesday through injury anyway, so it's good.

Anyway, the game was really quite good. I did expect a lot more though, but it was good anyway.

The game wasn't the best and although I don't really support England I was super happy at the end. Beckham and Owen played superb if you ask me, which is why I was so happy. People have been putting the two down so much and they both seemed great on Saturday. Owen was great on the ball at times and for me was the goal scorer of the first if I looked properly. Beckhams goal was just stunning, couldn't do better if I tried myself. Still Wales should have maybe got at least a goal and I found them pretty poor at times which was a shame.

The games are looking good tomorrow, yet I'm still pissed off waiting for Italy/Scotland to come round as that's like the only time they will show an Italy game. Also, Italy lost to Slovenia :(

I wish they'd stop going on about his yellow card. Even before he said he did it on purpose all the reporters were asking sven if he was worried about the way becks "lost control". He scored a mint goal and played well but they still have to highlight the bad points, the press piss me off so fucking much.

Edited by WS1

Guest Red Devil

I think the weather may have had an effect on the way we played but we really should've done better. None of the players stood out and we were simply going through the motions but 3 points in the bag and now we only have to travel to Cardiff and NI with 4 games at home. We've got one foot in the World Cup.

I nearly fell asleep throughout the match. It wasn't that the game in itself was terrible it was just the fact that there was no atmosphere WHATSOEVER tonight.

The highlights of the entire match were the great triple-dummy thing from the corner by Azerbaijan as well as the hilarious trip by Paul Robinson on the pitch invader. Such a damn schoolboy thing with the arms crossed "I'm not going to do anything" look and then he sticks out his leg and the guy just drops.

I assume most of the people here are english so i'm looking to read their opinions (honest opinions) on a portuguese player who plays in england. Cristiano Ronaldo played a real shitty game versus liechtenstein (REAL SHITTY). Now.. half week later... Portugal is beating Russia 5-1 (10 minutes till the end of the match). Ronaldo scored twice (the second one was a very nice one) and assisted one of the others and started the play of the last one (was scored as i write this :P). Is he that inconsistent in England?.. I know he still has a lot to learn but he is one of the few players i find very talented on the portuguese national team. So what do you think?

Now just to stay on topic... You can be happy beating azerbaijan 1-0, unlike some teams that draw 2-2 with liechtenstein :shifty: No really... england must do better than that but at least they didn't drop points...

EDIT: 6-1 Sorry about that... WHY THE FUCK DO WE BEAT RUSSIA 6-1 AND TIE WITH FUCKIN LIECHTENSTEIN??????!!!!

EDIT2: SOrry 7-1... I don't think any of my words would demonstrate how i'm feeling right now.

Edited by Malenko

Not to be seen as a bitter scotsman but I hope Sven tell Beckham where to go getting himself deliberately suspended is a joke and if they had any sense they'd tell him to piss off but that won't happen so I'll just have to make do with hoping Berti Vogts get sacked

Boring match, but there were some funny bits.

1) Sol Campbell trying a little back heel near the opposing corner flag and mucking it up.

2) Paul Robinson tripping that fan up. Thats was totally hilarious.

3) In the final few minutes when Lampard scored and then they showed a replay of how their player dived. Worst dive ever.

I was shocked he started Jenas over Joe Cole, let alone Wright-Phillips! It was such a boring game. But most England away games are at least we got the 3 points.

On Ronaldo. I wouldn't say he's incosistent at man utd. He doesn't score that many but he's just so quick and tallented and he aint scared to have a pop. I think he was a great buy. He's the type of player who puts people on the edge of there seats and I can only see him getting better.

Still hate him cuz he plays for man u though :D

Boring match, but there were some funny bits.

1) Sol Campbell trying a little back heel near the opposing corner flag and mucking it up.

2) Paul Robinson tripping that fan up. Thats was totally hilarious.

3) In the final few minutes when Lampard scored and then they showed a replay of how their player dived. Worst dive ever.

• 1 month later...

This game is turning into a farse. Rooney has been substituted for his own sake (for Smith) because he was so close to getting sent off (cropped a few players, shoved Casillas into the crowd - he threw his armband down, and stormed off the pitch, didnt shake Smiths hand as he came on etc). We are going in strong in challenges (see Neville, Rooney, Cole, Lampard, Beckham), but the Spanish are going down like they have been shot. Raul's dived to get a pen, but Robinson saved. We also have Cole and Torres and Neville and Reyes squaring up to each other every time they get close, and shoving, kicking fouling each other etc, and the fact England haven't put 3 passed together all half.

This is one fucking foul every other second, and this is getting heated, and becoming a farse.

Discuss.

Spain are winning 1-0 BTW. And are beginning to take us to school.