The England thread

• 5 weeks later...

Meh, I thought Owen was average. Didn't show the killer instinct in the area, yet he'll continue to play for England. I'm still championing Defoe for England.

Beckham played well, hopefully Wright-Phillips will get the nod over Hargreaves. Overall we played well - Rooney needs to pass more, but he is absolutely outstanding.

Rooney was just as greedy. If you're going to point fingers, do it fairly. He could have easily assisted for another goal, but he goes for the stupid shot.

Shame for Wales. I wanted them to win. England can walk the group, I want Wales to go through in second. Hopefully they can still grab second.

Apart from that obvious time where he should have pulled it back I think Rooney wasn't all that greedy and when he was he used the ball well and actually did something and he did do quite a few through balls. Everytime Owen had he never even looked up to see if their were any other players in better positions and just wanted to score himself. I can understand that in a way becasue he obviously feels he has a point to prove, but football is a team game.

Was a good game, I think England looked solid and Owen seemed very sharp and eager to get stuck in, IMO he played very well and hopefuly he can put his goal draught to an end come the next England game.

Beckhams's goal was beautiful, tho he was a dick to get himself booked, there was no need, and he let his temper get the better of him in that small incident.

Rooney played aswell as ever and looked like a menace on the pitch, Defoe didn't really make much of an impact. The question is will he go three up front again or go back to two. I personally hope he will play the three of them.

Guest Red Devil

I didn't think Owen played as well as he should've. He worked hard but everything he did was really a let down. The rest of the team performed well. Rooney was as menacing as ever and the two goals were good enough. Becks played well but was stupid to get booked. Wales didn't really play as well as they have done before so it was an easy night for us i felt.