AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

Hey Matzat! That's why.

There's something truly tragically awful about the fact that the group apparently can't have two black guys at the same time.

Goodbye, T-Dog. You were the fucking best.

Where I can see the events proposed in this episode heading.

1) Carol is alive, but will find the person who was watching her from the woods. That person was not Andrew in my opinion. The group will believe she is dead, until her lovely reunion with Darryl which will probably happen an episode before Darryl and Merle see each other for the first time.

2) Rick will actually become distracted with the arrival of his new child. Possibly drop the ball or step aside, allowing Darryl to run things for a little while.

3) Maggie's attachment to the baby will spell her doom. I can see the prison being overrun, either by walkers or Woodbury folk, and Maggie dying while trying to protect the baby to no avail. Hershel will probably sacrifice himself, pointlessly. Also, you can also replace Maggie with Beth for the same outcome.

You already wrote the episode off as that it won't live up to the hype, before it has even aired.

But to be fair they had very good Episodes like the Pilot, so who knows.

:rolleyes:

On the other hand, i turned out to be right about how much i feel about what happend. Still likely a good step in the right direction for this show.

Killing of members of the cast that have been written into the ground from the beginning or had no character at all from the beginning creates space for new members that hopefully profit of having no past created by the old writing team.

Andrea and Carl are now the two biggest problems left.

Still some stupid inconclusive writing in some of the major plot points, but i wont get into that here, it will only make my children cry again...

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Comic spoilers + speculation:

Anyone else think they may make Axel or Oscar the TV version of the squirrely accountant guy, the one who kills Hershel's twins - and have Beth be killed by one of them, since the twins aren't in this? I like Axel and all (at least, the comic book version) but the way they're trying to make TV!Axel seem so desperate and pathetic and buddy-buddy with everyone makes me suspicious.

That was intense. I couldn't even bring myself to get back on and see what people were saying. Hit me hard.

Every mother I know who watches the show had the same feelings. While I hated Lori for the majority of the series she negated all of that with her strength at the end. Kudos to the child actor who plays Carl for doing a very believable job as well. When Rick saw him and just broke down ("Oh no!") I just lost it. This series does has some really terrific acting.

Matzat, Carl is awesome. You are wrong.

• Like 1

AW HELL NAW

T-Dog, I will miss you forever and ever. You were an enigma, a mystery, but you were simply the best. The group will die without you! Rick asked you which blood you'd rather have on your hands, and you replied neither. What fitting way for you to go with only your own blood on your hands. R.I.P.

Oh and the Lori thing happened too. After having read the first three hardcover books I was hoping I would continue to be ahead of the show spoiler-wise after they spend a whole season on the farm, but no such luck apparently. Oh well.

EDIT: Can someone tell me approximately when the Lori thing (or whatever is the comic version of it) happens? I don't want to read other spoilers by searching for it.

Edited by fr34k

AW HELL NAW

T-Dog, I will miss you forever and ever. You were an enigma, a mystery, but you were simply the best. The group will die without you! Rick asked you which blood you'd rather have on your hands, and you replied neither. What fitting way for you to go with only your own blood on your hands. R.I.P.

Oh and the Lori thing happened too. After having read the first three hardcover books I was hoping I would continue to be ahead of the show spoiler-wise after they spend a whole season on the farm, but no such luck apparently. Oh well.

EDIT: Can someone tell me approximately when the Lori thing (or whatever is the comic version of it) happens? I don't want to read other spoilers by searching for it.

It's in the late 40s. I want to say #48?

• Like 1

AW HELL NAW

It's in the late 40s. I want to say #48?

I looked it up. He is right. Issue 48

• Like 1

Holy shit. :(

I knew it was coming but I didn't want it to happen. It's weird that I can sit through the gory zombie deaths and think "this is awesome" because hey, it's fake. But that C-Section was fucking tough to watch. The actor who plays Carl did a fantastic job there and when Rick just fell apart at the end... oh man.

:(