AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

Some aspects it may spoil the show for you, granted I've only read up to book 13 (and I'm reading them as graphic novels, so not sure how far I really am in the comic series).

It wont spoil that much honestly, some events are similar, but for the most part the two stories are fairly different. They use many of the same characters (not ever character in the book is in the show and vice versa) and same settings, but I've not felt like I've been spoiled by the books. I've maybe had some expectations for the show on what I think might happen, but generally the two are different enough that neither would spoil the other.

So..where does the black guy from the very first episode come in? The way he was featured so heavily in it, I figured he'd be back by the end of the first season, start of the 2nd at the latest...

I'm guessing his voice breaking on over a radio will be a moment a season ends on. I'm saying that having only finished one season but I feel it. Seems like something "We're Alive" did so I can imagine it working in Walking Dead. Might be wrong though.

I like Shane. I feel bad about knowing what eventually happens to him. He just seemed like a good but troubled guy until Dale told him to leave. Also, oh my god you delusional old man Hershel, walkers in the barn sounds like nothing good.

So..where does the black guy from the very first episode come in? The way he was featured so heavily in it, I figured he'd be back by the end of the first season, start of the 2nd at the latest...

Comic spoilers AND POSSIBLE TV show spoilers.

Rick is reunited with Morgan, who had been living with his son Duane in Rick's old neighborhood hopping house to house. Eventually they take up shelter in a cabin during the winter. Duane dies and becomes a walker. Morgan, rather than killing his son, leaves him to roam the cabin and leaves with Rick.

I know Shane is going mental but Rick just about left his best friend for dead in a bus. Dick move. I know he came back but still, dick move.

Now I know why people hate Carl. Little shit had to mess around with that Walker.

Watched the season 2 finale. I take it no one is ever going to revisit the "cover yourself in gore so they don't smell you" Idea that worked until the rain came.

Some aspects it may spoil the show for you, granted I've only read up to book 13 (and I'm reading them as graphic novels, so not sure how far I really am in the comic series).

It wont spoil that much honestly, some events are similar, but for the most part the two stories are fairly different. They use many of the same characters (not ever character in the book is in the show and vice versa) and same settings, but I've not felt like I've been spoiled by the books. I've maybe had some expectations for the show on what I think might happen, but generally the two are different enough that neither would spoil the other.

The show is already so drastically different from the book, I don't think you'll spoil too much. Some dead characters on the show are still alive in the book and vice versa, relationships between a lot of the characters are different, and tons of characters aren't in one or the other (yet). My favorite character in the book shows up after they leave the quarry/camp site and hasn't even appeared on the show yet. I enjoy seeing how they change stuff for the show, keeps me guessing.

I know Shane is going mental but Rick just about left his best friend for dead in a bus. Dick move. I know he came back but still, dick move.

Shane tried to kill him. =/

Heat of the moment and Rick started the fight. Shane didn't really plan on killing Rick until that second to last episode of the season.

Heat of the moment and Rick started the fight. Shane didn't really plan on killing Rick until that second to last episode of the season.

What about fat guy that I forget the name of? He sure as hell killed that guy

You're very forgiving about attempts on your life, Kirkles. I'll keep that in mind if I ever want to kill someone.

Shane's a douchenugget. :shifty:

I think I also project comic Shane onto TV Shane, and comic Shane was most definitely a douchenugget. I didn't really like the attempts at humanizing Shane in the show at all, personally.

Well, he did shoot the fat guy and leave him for dead but it was that or they both die and then Carl dies. 1 or 3. I liked Shane, he never struck me as a bad guy but a good guy who wanted to do what he thought best, who just slowly lost his fucking mind.

Well, he did shoot the fat guy and leave him for dead but it was that or they both die and then Carl dies. 1 or 3. I liked Shane, he never struck me as a bad guy but a good guy who wanted to do what he thought best, who just slowly lost his fucking mind.

Shane was a terrible guy. It may be just my opinion but I think he was trying to figure out a way for Rick to die the second Rick showed up at the campsite outside Atlanta.

• Like 2

I didn't see that at all in him. He pointed the gun at Rick once then came to his sense. He seemed like a good guy that had his issues and those issues eventually drug him down.