General Television Thread

Hellfire

On 05/10/2017 at 22:30, VerBlood Drive said:

Did you guys know Paulie Walnuts is in Goodfellas? Found that out recently and sure enough, there he was early in the movie. Obviously there are a ton of different actors featured in Goodfellas/Sopranos, but Paulie was an interesting one to me. 

And he was a legit mafia guy Not a big time Charlie but a goon. There is a line of his in the show that is based on true events, but I cant remember off the top of my head.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HarshMillennium said:

Just finished Bates Motel and I'm looking for a new TV series to watch.

I prefer darker shows such as criminal minds. I have also already watched the wire, Justified etc that have been mentioned previously.

What's good right now?

Blood Drive! It's not going to get a second season unless someone else picks it up (it'd be great for Netflix), but from what I hear it's finished somewhat satisfyingly, though the finale hasn't aired here yet.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HarshMillennium said:

Just finished Bates Motel and I'm looking for a new TV series to watch.

I prefer darker shows such as criminal minds. I have also already watched the wire, Justified etc that have been mentioned previously.

What's good right now?

Mr Robot. It's coming back this week too!

• Like 1

Stopped watching Zoo a few episodes back, as it's gotten stupid this season. And I probably will end up watching Ghosted on On Demand at some point. Have way too many shows to watch right now. 

I'm in hell right now, because they're doing a marathon of the Twilight movies on Freeform, and Heidi is watching it. Appears to have some extra or extended scenes, according to her.....

Meh.

On 09/10/2017 at 14:37, livid said:

It is great to have Curb Your Enthusiasm back.

I only saw the first ep so far, but it didn't feel like it missed a step. The jump in picture quality for six years worth of technology advances was a bit jarring initially though :lol:

On 10/9/2017 at 05:17, Benji said:

I'm trying to get into season five of The Americans but I sort of feel like it's run its course and is treading water a bit. Glad next season will be the last. I wish dramas knew you generally shouldn't go past five seasons.

I liked season five but more often than not it did feel like the writers were told this was the penultimate season and so they decided to stretch out a season over two.

Already removed two new shows from my DVR recording list: Seal Team and The Mayor.

Seal Team I removed from my DVR after the first episode. The team leader going to therapy was a boring part of the whole thing, and as much as I like David Boreanaz (the only reason I gave the show a chance), The Brave is miles better. The reviews I've heard for Valor haven't been good, but I didn't plan to give it a try, anyway.

The first episode of The Mayor had a couple of laughs, but that was it. The second one I barely got halfway through before deciding it was crap. At least they made it obvious why his career was going nowhere as a rapper: the songs they used in the two episodes sucked. 

Guys! The new Ducktales started out fun but I'm getting annoyed by the fact that Webby seems to be the lead character. Almost no Scrooge.

I kinda did like the last episode with the throwback to stuff from an old video tape I used to watch all the time with a particular DuckTales episode.

9 hours ago, Benji said:

I dug the first couple of episodes of The Good Place. Will definitely be watching it all. Surprised to find Chidi is my favourite character and not the ones played by Kristen Bell and Ted Danson.

I absolutely love the regular characters without the established major resumes. Great performances all around.