General Television Thread

Hellfire

Nashville Season 5 finale

Spoiler

It was really nice of the writers to remind me of one of the main reasons I'm giving up the show after this season by doing another "will they/won't they" with Scarlett and Gunnar. The show seriously misses Rayna and none of the other characters except Deacon are as good as her, and he isn't enough to carry the show.

17 minutes ago, Jericode said:

I've seen literally none of Dexter because people keep going on about how the ending and a couple of the seasons are just complete shit so like am I sitting through multiple seasons of disappointment.

Probably sensible to be honest. People say to end at the end of season four, because it is genuinely great until then. Season five is bearable, but after that it really goes downhill, and I was hatewatching the last season.

33 minutes ago, Jericode said:

I've seen literally none of Dexter because people keep going on about how the ending and a couple of the seasons are just complete shit so like am I sitting through multiple seasons of disappointment.

I did the opposite. I binge-watched it to catch up ahead of the final season. After all of that, I never bothered watching the back half of that final season.

You are on the right side of history.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Benji said:

Anyone watched any of the Philip K Dick anthology series "Electric Dreams"? Is it worth checking out?

The first one was pretty good, though depends how much of a fan you are of an ambiguous ending. Hope they aren't all like that. Good cast, good writing, very pretty. I think there'll be more variety as it goes on but the first one looked very Blade Runner, all rain and street food... 

The amount of films based on his novels and short stories is ridiculous.

10 minutes ago, Benji said:

You were the one it pointed out it looked similar. It reads as if you didn't know that, not Jason's fault he read into the ambiguous tone of your comment, I'd be suprised if anyone didn't do the same. I know I did.

I thought the "..." gave it away.

• Like 1

Just watching episode 3 of The Orville and, while I like it, I get the feelings for it.  Its very up and down.  The plots do feel very Star Trek like, but some of the jokes within the episode are just...ugh

Episode 3 actually reminds of me a TNG episode where Commander Riker and a citizen of an androgynous species fall in love.  "She" eventually is forced to undergo "correction surgery" to make "her" in line with the species

Like I said, I get where the dislike of the series comes from...I like the overall plot points, but the jokes within are pretty bad 

3 hours ago, Lint said:

Just watching episode 3 of The Orville and, while I like it, I get the feelings for it.  Its very up and down.  The plots do feel very Star Trek like, but some of the jokes within the episode are just...ugh

Episode 3 actually reminds of me a TNG episode where Commander Riker and a citizen of an androgynous species fall in love.  "She" eventually is forced to undergo "correction surgery" to make "her" in line with the species

Like I said, I get where the dislike of the series comes from...I like the overall plot points, but the jokes within are pretty bad 

So it's really just another Seth McFarlane creation, but this time live action with him on the forefront on top of all that. He's a guy who has plenty of jokes, but plenty isn't always better, and even his best stuff like Family Guy is so extremely inconsistent in its quality that it's bad just as much as it's good.

I haven't watched the third episode yet, and I'm only still willing to give it a chance because Adrianne Palicki.

On another, happier note, Brooklyn Nine-Nine is back tomorrow! Fucking insane to think that its already in its fifth season, but I really miss it considering the lack of comedy on TV right now.

The Good Place is a great. It's on Netflix in the UK, if you're wondering. It's about a world within the afterlife in which there is no 'Heaven' or 'Hell', but a 'Good Place' for the best of the people (a very limited number) and a 'Bad Place' for the absolute worst. A woman is sent to the Good Place accidentally and uh... stuff happens! I'm not good at this! But it's a good show! Watch it! It's already had a season on TV so it's now into the second season.

• Like 2