General Television Thread

Hellfire

22 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Eh, I get that the show has been out for a while, but can you put that second thing in spoiler tags?

:(

Really? This show is based on a real person whose rise, fall and eventual death was widely publicised at the time. I'm pretty sure that one of the first names that comes to people's minds when they think about drug dealers is Pablo Escobar. So I don't think that his death is a spoiler.

So Narcos Season 3:

Spoiler

I know some of my friends were like but but Pablo is dead! Wagner is not in the show anymore how could they continue it?

Well..they continued it and it was the BEST SEASON THUS FAR. Season fucking 3 didn't really have a central character per say but it was amazing. The action was amazing, the acting was amazing, the writing was amazing. I LOVED just about everything on Season 3 of Narcos. They hit it out of the fucking park. 

Cali Cartel >>>>

6 hours ago, Benji said:

I still haven't bothered since the start of the circus one. Asylum got really dumb and Coven was just dull, so I just assumed it was going typical Ryan Murphy direction.

Roanoke was very...different. But good. I enjoyed the Hotel season just before that too. Lady Gaga was fantastic in that, surprisingly. 

11 hours ago, Benji said:

I still haven't bothered since the start of the circus one. Asylum got really dumb and Coven was just dull, so I just assumed it was going typical Ryan Murphy direction.

Man, I almost forgot when Ryan Murphy had this stigma that everything he did became terrible. American Crime Story and Feud has really made me forget everything he put out previously.

1 hour ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Finishing up Season 3 of Black Mirror with episode 5 and 6.

Episode 5 was really great.

Found Episode 6 to drag on a bit much considering it was about bees. 

Men Against Fire (S3E5) lost my interest about halfway through. Hated in the Nation (S3E6) was hands down the best of the season, in my opinion. I haven't watched San Junipero, which apparently is really critically acclaimed, so maybe I should.

If I had to rank the episodes of S3, it'd be...

1. Hated in the Nation

2. Shut Up & Dance

3. Nosedive

4. Playtest

5. Men Against Fire

Edited by tristy

Reading the Racer X (Speed Racer) wiki...

Spoiler

It was not until the episode "Challenge of the Masked Racer Part 2" that fans of the show finally got to see the face of Racer X. His face was shown a second time near the end of the series in "The Trick Race". In that episode, Speed finally gets a chance to ask Racer X if he is his older brother—only to be interrupted by a punch in the stomach. As Speed lies unconscious, Captain Terror, of the Car Acrobatic Team, soon recognizes the resemblance of Rex under the mask of Racer X. Racer X confesses that he is truly Rex. He then vows to quit automobile racing and becomes a full-time international secret agent instead.

Amazing. I used to love the old Speed Racer cartoon on VHS as a kid. Gutted I have never seen the full thing because this sounds amazing :lol:

• Like 1

I watched The Orville. That was...something. I am a sucker for futuristic visuals and it had a ton of good ones but man it's a really bad show. It's the year 2418 and they are making jokes you would make now which I always find annoying. Like Seth's character calls a blue alien Papa Smurf. I highly doubt the Smurfs stand the test of time for 400 years 

• Like 1