General Television Thread

Hellfire

So my Fiance and I just finished The Office and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a comedy show like it that is preferably half an hour (doesn't have to be) that is on Netflix or Crave TV. Some other shows of that genre we have watched and like are Friends, Community, How I Met Your Mother and Modern Family.

If you have any suggestions for us let me know it would be greatly appreciated :)

11 hours ago, Owen said:

The Good Place is a great. It's on Netflix in the UK, if you're wondering. It's about a world within the afterlife in which there is no 'Heaven' or 'Hell', but a 'Good Place' for the best of the people (a very limited number) and a 'Bad Place' for the absolute worst. A woman is sent to the Good Place accidentally and uh... stuff happens! I'm not good at this! But it's a good show! Watch it! It's already had a season on TV so it's now into the second season.

Kristen Bell and Ted Danson.

I just sold it for you.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Benji said:

I just sold it for you.

I mean, pretty much spot on. They are both reeeeally good in it. I don't think I've really watched anything with Kristen Bell in before, but she's so good in it. Also, Ted Danson.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

I just sold it for you.

Best part is they're arguably not the best parts of the show. #TeamChidi

5 hours ago, Drock007 said:

So my Fiance and I just finished The Office and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a comedy show like it that is preferably half an hour (doesn't have to be) that is on Netflix or Crave TV. Some other shows of that genre we have watched and like are Friends, Community, How I Met Your Mother and Modern Family.

If you have any suggestions for us let me know it would be greatly appreciated :)

Besides the Good Place, I'm guessing Parks and Rec is on there? Parks and Rec is always the right answer.

• Like 1

So Lethal Weapon returned. And it was not what I expected.

Spoiler

I was sure that they would spend either the entire 2nd season or a large part of it with hunting down Tito in Mexico. Instead they manage to find him and bring him to the US in the first 10 minutes of the episode. And they bring down an entire cartel as well in just 1 episode. Maybe it is because I just watched the 3rd season of Narcos recently but I didn't buy that at all. And by the end of the episode we are back to the status quo. I expected a lot more from that story arc.

3 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

This week's episode of The Good Place is excellent. Probably a top three episode.

Absolutely amazing. Episode 3 spoilers:

Spoiler

I've only said 'I love you' to two men in my life: Stone Cold Steve Austin, and a guy in a dark club I mistook for Stone Cold Steve Austin.

• Like 3

Anyone who isn't watching Blood Drive... just do it. It's so dumb and brilliant I am totally in love with it. There's nothing on TV quite like it, and whilst I don't think it'll be anyone's favourite show, if you've ever taken enjoyment out of grindhouse or B-Movies in general then I think you'll probably enjoy it.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Benji said:

Anyone who isn't watching Blood Drive... just do it. It's so dumb and brilliant I am totally in love with it. There's nothing on TV quite like it, and whilst I don't think it'll be anyone's favourite show, if you've ever taken enjoyment out of grindhouse or B-Movies in general then I think you'll probably enjoy it.

I love grind housey pulpy stuff, so i'll check it out!