2010 Winter Olympics

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Yeah, I guess at this point we'll have to settle for Roberto Luongo. -_-

I wasn't watching, should we be at all concerned about Luongo letting in two goals against Germany?

I missed the first goal but there was absolutely nothing he could've done on the 2nd goal.

All the goals: http://akastreaming.yle.fi/vp/fiyle/fi/ondemand.asx?gjmf=vancouver/240210_jaakiekko_can_ger_maalikooste

Don't mind the Finnish commentary.

Goc's goal is at the 6:00 mark.

USA almost had a goal at the end of the second, but time ran out as the puck just made it to the goal line. After Scoring their first goal, I thought Team USA were screwed out of a goal as they ended up getting a penalty.

Clara Hughes, who basically stuck around this year just so as to compete in front of the home fans, had her final race today in the womens 5000m. She threw down the gauntlet, posting a track record of 6:55 and although it was beaten twice, managed to hold on for a bronze, her 6th Olympic medal at 37 years of age. What a storybook finish to the career of one of Canada's greatest athletes.

Vancouver 2010 on Twitter was going, Clara Hughes, the only person to medal in both the summer and winter olympics. Eugh,

*Multiple Medals at both Winter and Summer. Not technically the same, but as much/more impressive.

Wow. 7-2! Raise your hand if you saw this coming. Raise your hand if you thought Crosby/Ovechkin would have 0 of the 9. Now put your hands back down you liars.

With all the talk about the "Miracle on Ice" this week and Tretiak being GM of this Russian team it is worthy of note that they pulled Tretiak way too early in 1980.....and Nabokhov way too late tonight.

Edited by sahyder1

Could anything have possibly gone better for Canada today? Clara Hughes puts down the outstanding run to take bronze in the womens 5000m in the final race of her storied career. Canada knocks off the Russians 7-3 to move to the semi-finals. The short track team takes silver in the ladies 3,000m relay. And the kicker? Canada takes the gold AND silver in ladies 2 woman bobsled. It's Wonderful Wednesday in Vancouver!

• Like 1

Ovechkin blew off the print media twice after the game. As good as Ovechkin is he needs to check his ego. You wanna be the face of the sport you better be able to handle it. I don't know how many of had the US feed but Milbury made a reference to "Euro Trash" after the late game hits. I wonder if NBC keeps him on for rest of Olympics

Edited by sahyder1