2012 Olympics

Guest Wrestling_Man

Who will after tomorrow, host the 2012 Summer Games?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will after tomorrow, host the 2012 Summer Games?

• Paris
    • London
    • New York
    • Madrid
    • Moscow
    • It's too damn early to think about the 2012 Olympics

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Wrestling_Man

OK, Paris is the favorite, Moscow is the long shot, but my pick is London, I just think it's a beautiful city to have it and will have the best economy for all the guests.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is doubtful that NY will get it mostly cause some of the IOC members want to have it in other places then just in the US and also of any of the cities NY had the least amount of support for the games in the city. I would have to say that Paris is the mostly likely place to get them as of now.

Even though I'm an American, I hope NYC doesn't get it. The US has four Olympics in the past 25 years, time to share. And I certainly don't want New York City getting them as they are the most obnoxius city on earth and have developed some sorta since of entitlement since 9/11. (IE: Them about to get the 2009 SuperBowl)

It's so early too care about them from an outsiders point of view. But if I had to choose, it would be London.

I just hope they don't end up fucking up where I live. My bourough (I've butchered that) is one of the ones that will undergo re-development. And I heard that Hackney Marshes will be turned into something olympic and crap. So many memories of that place...

Also, Paris have bid a number of times recently, and not won. This might be "their turn", although according to Sky Sports News, the IOC delegates where underwhelmed with the final presentation from Paris.

It's down to Paris and London now.

Sky Sports News is saying the decision will be announced in about 10 minutes, not at 12:46pm as was first expected.

EDIT: Scratch that, the decision will be around 12:46, but the procedings have laready started.

2nd Edit: Fuck, we won.

Edited by evertonfan