Beijing Olympics 2008

Guest Mr. Potato Head

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway to turn these fucking BBC announcer bastards off?

Wahey, there is! Press red then press 2 for no commentary. :D

Fuck yeah, puppets! That's what this show was missing!

Edited by The Kraig

Okay, the singing transvestite has somewhat ruined the mood.

I just realised they're singing in English. :lol:

This is a bit of an odd order. Greece first? I'm assuming they must be doing it alphabetically in Chinese?

Bagpipes! I hear bagpipes! :D

Edited by The Kraig

This is a bit of an odd order. Greece first? I'm assuming they must be doing it alphabetically in Chinese?

Presumably because Greece hosted the last Olympics? Or possibly because it's the Olympics and, well, they're Greece.

And Eritrea is not an island, nor is it that tiny. :P

Edited by stokeriño

Presumably because Greece hosted the last Olympics? Or possibly because it's the Olympics and, well, they're Greece.

And Eritrea is not an island. :P

It went Greece, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau then TURKEY. So I that theory's gone.

And yeah, Eritrea are not newcomers like the Marshall Islands.

Edited by The Kraig

This is the best part, when you get all these tiny islands you've never heard of! Marshall Islands! Eritrea!

I was just coming in here to post that, By the way, Greece came out first because they hosted the last Olympics and China will come out last.

According to the internet, Greece always enters first. The host country always enters last. The rest (usually ordered using the Roman alphabet) are being ordered this time according to the number of strokes in the first character of its Chinese name.

In other words, we were both right. :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño