2004 Olympics

Guest fullhouse

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MaxMini

I think the Olympics will be a suceess. There is always the looming threat of Terrorism but if that dosen't happen I think the games will be fine.

With only 1/3 of the tickets sold, this olympics has the potential to be the worst in terms of making money. That is pretty sad, but I understand why.

Look the area isn't fully prepared for the Olympics and that could be the problem behind the slow ticket sales. Once all the arenas and stadiums are fully operational, ticket sales go up to the day before the olympics. Sad how the olympics have gone downhill from 1996.

GO NAGATA!!! WIN THE GOLD FOR JAPAN!!

With only 1/3 of the tickets sold, this olympics has the potential to be the worst in terms of making money.  That is pretty sad, but I understand why. 

Look the area isn't fully prepared for the Olympics and that could be the problem behind the slow ticket sales.  Once all the arenas and stadiums are fully operational, ticket sales go up to the day before the olympics.  Sad how the olympics have gone downhill from 1996.

GO NAGATA!!! WIN THE GOLD FOR JAPAN!!

They've gone downhill since 1996? Why was the one held in Sydney in 2000 dubbed the best and most successful in history? Or, are you referring to the actual sports themselves?

Guest 12characters

I can't wait for the Olympics, specifically the basketball. Go New Zealand!

I think the only thing that will go wrong will be New Zealand's medal tally.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

all i know is after all the good talk of LeBron, he, Iverson & Stoudamire, all were late to a meeting, and are not playing today in a "Warm-up" game.

• 2 weeks later...

The Olympics haven't even officially begun and we already have our first major upset. The Iraqi soccer team beat Portugal 4-2 in what is a HUGE upset (or fix) in the soccer world. The game definitely wasn't pretty at all as both teams were sloppy but it was a 4-2 win for the underdogs anyways. Portugal has an uphill battle in their remaining two games as 5 of their guys had yellow cards today.

Someone change the name of this thread to make it the official Olympics thread

Edited by sahyder1

I have ZERO interest in the Olympics....I already forgot they were going to happen.

I'm not gonna change the title. If anyone makes an official topic without first looking into this one, they deserve a warning for being a fucktard.

Bah! Can someone tell me where the last winter olympics were held? (2 Years ago)

I know that the last SUMMER olympics were held in Sydney (2000) and that the winter olympics were held in Nagano. But I can't think of where the last winter's were. I know it was somewhere in the US, because Bush was there, and Iraq wasn't.