2004 Olympics

Guest fullhouse

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting a little suspicious about the crediblites of Iraq's victories in soccer, is anyone else?

I was early on but the team has shown some great play. I was suspiscious like I already mentioned after they defeated Saudi Arabia in the qualifying tournament to get into the Olympics but their play at the Olympics has been really impressive. Could've eeked out a draw today too but the ball hit the post in the final minute.

I'm getting a little suspicious about the crediblites of Iraq's victories in soccer, is anyone else?

Maybe THATS what the WMD were, really good soccer players!

Guest 12characters

In the basketball, New Zealand just defeated the WORLD CHAMPIONS, SERBIA AND MONTENEGRO~! Man, how exciting!

*celebrates*

Oh yeah, and we are going tear everyone the fuck up in the Rowing on Saturday.

Nah, Britain are gonna win the coxless fours rowing....

Anyways: Medal Table according to the BBC updated in the last five minutes:

1. CHINA: 11G, 7S, 4B

2. USA: 10G, 10S, 9B

3. JAPAN: 8G, 3S, 2B

4. AUSTRALIA: 6G, 4S, 6B

5. UKRAINE: 5G, 1S, 1B

Official tables are based upon the number of gold medals, not total medals. Britain would be about ten places higher if it was just number of medals but we're behind people with just one gold compared to our six medals. Still, that's the way it works so can't complain!

I haven't watched any of the Olympics, mainly because it's a pain in the arse to watch any TV with the reception in my house, but I'm going to make a special effort when they get to the Men's Freestyle Wrestling, which I believe runs on the 27th - 29th. Will the BBC actually cover it? Hmm... :shifty:

total stressful. I thought Robertson and Emms were gonna do it then but at least the Chinese had to resort to cheating and gamesmanship and whinging at the ref and line judge to win.

A gold in the sailing makes me happy and we should get two more unless the Americans ram into one of our sailing teams in the final to push them to the back which apparantly they've been known to do before.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I can't believe the line judge changed his mind cos of the Chinese fella whinging at him. Grow some balls man and stick with your call.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

God that Chinese Badminton player was an arrogant and whiny piece of work. FuUnny thing that the commentator said they couldn't change...AND THEY DID! But still it was a god damn brilliant match which they should've won...

Well I've just started watching the Olympics properly. I watched some of the basketball earlier, USA Vs Austalia which was a pretty good game. Anyway on came Badminton and I thought what crap, but boy did I enjoy it.

Great Britain deserved to win that easily if you ask me and were so damn unlucky. I really do hate that chinease guy too, all the prick was doing was moaning and showing off. It was wicked towards the end when Robertson started going crazy when he scored a point or something. Right at the end when China needed like one point the action was super, I mean Robertson was literally diving on the floor to stop them winning. Really great game overall and now I'm pumped for the running which is properly starting up in a day or two.

I also watched the womens judo final I think it was, Japan Vs France. Pretty good although there wasn't much action in it, but it was damn intense as both women didn't want to lose.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Guest 12characters

What did I miss? When I fell asleep last night the Chinese team was totally fucking the British up. They scored one point in the entire first set!