2004 Olympics

Guest fullhouse

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got finished watching beach volleyball. Misty May's team went on to the next round but has anybody noticed how they're spiffing up beach volleyball? They've added music and everything to spiff it up. But most men probably will have their sets on mute during the matches. :pervert:

Kyle Shewfelt got screwed out of the Bronze!! :angry: ANd whats with the Russians always getting screwed in Gymnastics, First Khorkina(I know, spelling is a bit off) and now the Vetren of the Men's High Bar competition. Judges sucked big time today! :angry:

Khorkina I don't really agree with but this Russian guy definitely got screwed. I mean I don't know the inner details of a Gymnastic routine but he definitely was better then the rest of them. He gained me as a fan today with the way he handled the situation. This judging is really becoming a joke. The Canadian and Malaysian judges had him at 9.5 or something like that which is total jok.e

It's because different judges look for different things.

I think the judges should be divided into categories.  Certain judges look for certain things and rate on that.

but there is no way in hell you can give a score on that routine like the ones the Canadian and Malaysian judges did. It's just not humanly possible. I mean I'd love to hear an explanation from any gymnasts on their as to what the naked eye missed.

I agree with that, unless they slept and only went to pay attention to the landing, there is no reason at all for those scores.

I do think that categorial judges is still a good idea though.

OMG!!! Did you see Kahn fight his quater final? He was totally brilliant and won the fight within the first round absolutely battering the other guy. I think after the Olympics he should definitely consider turning pro because at just 17 he has a long future ahead and could go far as a pro. Will easily get a medal and hopefully be able to get that gold.

Worst ever afternoon for Canada. :(

That baseball game was a heartbreaker, 2 more feet and it's 9-8 Canada.

Not even 2 feet. Another inch and it would be tied. That was fucking heart-wrenching.

A couple points:

1) Australia threw the game against Canada in Baseball. I'm almost certain of this. It just didn't add up after they lost so mercilessly to Canada on Sunday, and today's results seem to confirm my suspicions. Australia felt more comfortable against Japan, and now they're on their way to the Gold Medal game.

2)My heart goes out to Perdita Felicien. After doing Canada so proud throughout the past two years, and winning just about everything they had for her, it must be crushing to have to wait another 4 years to try for Olympic glory. However, like I said she's done Canada proud at both World Championships, so best wishes to her, and hopefully she comes back stronger than before.

Not that bad a day for Canada though, with the Gold and Silver. Hopefully the last days of this Olympic games will make something of a mediocre showing, although I really don't care how we do at the Summer Olympics. The Winter is where we Canadians shine. :D