2004 Olympics

Guest fullhouse

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True; freaked me out that there was a girl on the US team that was actually only a month younger than I am (she turns 26 next month). Then I read how she is like 4'10 and weighs 95 lbs, and heard the commentators last night talking about how she went on a diet of nothing but Power Bars for her training.

Handball is pretty great. These lesser known sports should get more coverage in the US. Most of them are pretty fun to watch. I wouldn't mind seeing them on ESPN instead of Poker or something.

Caught parts of the gymnastics today and let's just say Romania chocked big time. Thoese Japanese guys were crazy at the end on the bars. The Womens final round tomorrow should be pretty good too.

The sport to watch is still swimming form me and Phelps and Beard both race tomorrow.

Guest 12characters

Ha! The world no. 1 in badminton got knocked out...by my countryman!!! BWAHAHAHA! *Realises nobody wants to hear anything about Singapore and shuts up*

That synchronized diving is pretty good,i watched it last night GBR came 5th :(

You guys took 2nd in the Men's though, for your first diving medal in 30 years.

And Billy, she didn't eat them to make weight, she ate them because she didn't have enough money to eat anything else. At least thats what I understood from the thing they did on her. And that one girl has a NASTY fucking scar. I was like... 'damn'.

If you're a fan of sports history make sure you catch NBCs Prime Time coverage tonight. It's shot put from Olympia. Olympia, is the site of the ancient Olympic games 2000+ years ago. The stadium being used is from those times and there are no seats built in. It's standing room only and from what I hear the concession stands will only sell water.

Can anyone tell me when the main running starts? Like 100m, 200m, 400m and 800m. The rest just seems pretty meh right now and the running is the best thing in the Olympics. I heard something about 100m final or something being on Sunday or did I hear wrong?