2004 Olympics

Guest fullhouse

God I can't believe that the US can't make the Olympics in baseball, when we're the defending champions!

I mean, I can understand that the pros ain't gonna go, but you know, we could make a team out of the teams out of the pennant races. Send like... Randy Johnson, some Mariner's, some Devil Rays, some Astro's... we'd win.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Korkina owned and her marks just didn't count up with what she deserved...

Though I tell ya, the judging at these Olympics has been awful.

We've had a medal upgraded AGAIN today because they didn't add the penalty points to the time of the French Kayaker. Stupid.

Someone said to me yesterday that overall medal tally should be divided by the number of people there are in that country.

That, I think, would make Australia the best country pretty much every Olympics. Good on them, gotta love their attitude.

Anyway y'know, think about it, USA, Russia, China and Japan are always gonna do the best cos of the sheer weight of numbers!

Britain need to start pumping money into athletics again, afterall apparantly we HAVE won the second most medals in the history of the modern olympics. Which is rather mind boggling for all 60 million of us.

I really wanted Korkhina to win Gold, make up a good story for her :( SIlver is not that bad though. And my God did Canada suck(Gymnastics All Around-Female).

*Kind of spoilers*

First proper day of olympics for me and it was just wow today.

I started with watching some of the cycling and see GB take the gold(Well Hoy) which was pretty cool. I watched some womens football which was pretty damn good too but god them women footballers make some terrible mistakes. Are USA's women team like the world champions or something? Just my brother thinks they are that's all.

Anyway I watched some of the womens heptathalon which was damn good. Denise hasn't a chance of gold now after the awful run in the 200m but I've still got faith in Kelly Southerton who is doing great at the moment.

The start of the 400m was pretty cool too but not as good as I expected, well not for GB anyway. Daniel Caines turned out to be a bit of a let down for us.

Anyway the main moment of the day was the womens tennis semi final. Oh.My.God...seriously that was such an awesome match. I'm talking about the match between Myskina and Hardenne. I sometimes watch wimbledon and stuff but I've never really enjoyed a game like I did this one. I was rooting for Myskina the whole way through and felt so sorry for her at the end when she was literally crying. Super finish to the game though I've got to say.

Anyway great day today for the olympics, cant wait for tomorrow and when the 100m finally starts.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

She won.

If you wanted to say anyone got screwed, it was the guy who took silver in the Men's Allround. But then again, Paul Hamm kicked fucking ass after his fall, so meh.

Besides, I thought the rest of the world disliked us, so wouldn't we be the ones getting screwed? Huh? Huh?

Anyway, yeah, we kick ass in women's soccer and softball. No one (besides China.. maybe) can beat us. We ROCK!