2004 Olympics

Guest fullhouse

Micheal Phelps will not be running in the Medley Relay Final Saturday night. He will still be eligible for the medal though since he ran in the semis. He stepped aside after 17 races at this Olympics. Him moving aside gives one of his teammates who wouldn't have had received the medal (since he didn't run in the prelimary heats or the semis) a shot at another medal. Another classy move from Phelps. With all the attention that was on him he's definitely handled himself with class and definitely didn't take the easiest path to his possible 8 medals.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPOILER FOR CANADIANS....

MATTHEW MATTHEW PINSENT! MATTHEW MATTHEW PINSENT! Woooooo hoooooooo! Lush lush lush! Well worth getting up at 8:30am on a saturday to watch....4 Mens Coxless fours, Great Britain Olympics Champions AGAIN. 8 hundreths of a second after 2000 metres!

Really emotional, I nearly cried, and when they stood for the medals ceremony and he was crying with all the emotion after winning his fourth Olympic rowing medal in a row and then the national anthem started and the whole 'staidum' erupted into "God Save The Queen" like a football match or something it was incredible. Best moment of the Games so far.

I love the Olympics.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! NEW ZEALAND WIN GOLD IN THE WOMENS DOUBLE-SKULLS!!!!!

*parties*

Guest 12characters

Zach, did you see the cycling? I :wub: Sarah Ulmer. Check this out:

Before qualifying: World Record - Sarah Ulmer 3:30

Before Ulmer's Race: World Record - Katie Mactier 3:29

After Ulmer's Race: Sarah Ulmer - 3:26

THREE MINUTES AND TWENTY SIX SECONDS!

*starts singing the National Anthem*

Edited by 12characters