2012 Olympics

Guest Wrestling_Man

Who will after tomorrow, host the 2012 Summer Games?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will after tomorrow, host the 2012 Summer Games?

• Paris
    • London
    • New York
    • Madrid
    • Moscow
    • It's too damn early to think about the 2012 Olympics

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck this shit, this is the worst news I have heard for a long time. The only way this has been made bareable is because my Orient season ticket just came thru the post.

So emotional. I totally didn't expect it to be London. Paris were the favourites. Now we just have to wait 7 years...

...until we are infested with 'trade', and by trade I mean more overcrowding in London and random foreign speaking annoyances all around.

Fuck this shit, this is the worst news I have heard for a long time. The only way this has been made bareable is because my Orient season ticket just came thru the post.

So they are actually going to turn Hackney into something more than a shithole, and you are annoyed? :/

And do you really still want to be living in Hackney in 7 years?

I'm happy, but I dunno if I'll be around London in 7 years, but I'm sure I can make a good effort to get back to see some of it, wherever I may be.

Why's everyone so excited, don't they realise that they are the ones who are going to pay for it through raised taxes?

Australia lost over 1 billion dollars at the 2000 games

So they are actually going to turn Hackney into something more than a shithole, and you are annoyed? :/

And do you really still want to be living in Hackney in 7 years?

House prices will rocket, the cost of living will become extorsionate and poor people will just get swept under the carpet. The estimate for the cost of the Olympics is 2.something billion, but the previous 4 have doubled, so we are looking at 4 billion which could be spent on something alot better.

I'll probably go to it after all sometyhing like this on your doorstep isn't something to be sniffed at. I bet Chirac is really sorry for costing his nation the games by slagging off every one else now!

As mentioned though the downside is the increased taxes and the fact we'll still probably screw it up like we did the World Championships...

I really don't care. Yay we beat Paris, but in the long run, who cares about the Olympics? It's one of those things like Wimbledon where while it's on, people will watch it, but after it's finished nobody will really care about. That how I feel anyway.

Besides, after watching Sky Sports News and hearing the guy from the Telegraph (?) talk about the money, it's just funny.

I really don't care. Yay we beat Paris, but in the long run, who cares about the Olympics? It's one of those things like Wimbledon where while it's on, people will watch it, but after it's finished nobody will really care about. That how I feel anyway.

It'll be the behind the scenes stuff that will occur that makes this worthwhile. Fair enough, the general public won't care after the Olympics are over, but it will help British sport in the long run, as the facilities will be better, and people will be more likely to get involved with sports (watch the interest in Rugby soaring after England won the World Cup)

It'll be the behind the scenes stuff that will occur that makes this worthwhile. Fair enough, the general public won't care after the Olympics are over, but it will help British sport in the long run, as the facilities will be better, and people will be more likely to get involved with sports (watch the interest in Rugby soaring after England won the World Cup)

I get that, but he said they're going to build a 86,000 seater arena and then afterwards downsize it to 26,000. Also a hockey arena which'll never be used again after the Olympics. It's just all the money going on this is being taken from the grass-roots money as well. Quite frankly I don't watch the Olympics anyway, and it means nothing to me when it's on. If it's good for the country than yay, but oh well.

Why's everyone so excited, don't they realise that they are the ones who are going to pay for it through raised taxes?

So what.....the Olympics are one of the things that are the exceptions to that. Everyone loves the Olympics.

*Raises hand*....I don't...

So what.....the Olympics are one of the things that are the exceptions to that. Everyone loves the Olympics.