2010 Winter Olympics

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I don't know about a turn around, but mens hockey is just a round robin game. Tomorrow we're tipped to take two medals in womens 1500m. Never mind what happened, let's just take the medals we're tipped to win and wait for a bit of luck to come our way. We're not "Chokeanada". In terms of gold medal favorites: Jennifer Heil, Christine Nesbitt, Maelle Ricker. Two golds and a silver from them. We've had our disappointments, sure. But then again we've had our pleasant surprises. Mike Robertson wasn't supposed to factor in on the podium. Neither was Marianne St Gelais. And while Jon Montgomery was seen as a fringe medal candidate, Alexandre Bilodeau's Olympics were supposed to play out in predictable fashion: good, but not as good as Dale Begg Smith. Let's not let one bad day sour what has this far been a really exciting Olympics, the type that would make one proud to be Canadian.

Getting back to the skating controversy for a second, I read that the reason Plushenko lost was because he front loaded his program and some of his landings weren't that great. I also think the Russians bitching because Lysacek didn't do a quadruple jump is a load of crap.

On the other hand, I also think the U.S. and Canada bitching about Amy Williams' helmet in the women's skeleton was a load of crap.

(Really wish the Olympics had some sort of `sour grapes' rule to keep people from whining about losing with feeble excuses)

I think Canada should implement a new olympic strategy. Gold or don't come home.

At least tonight we get to watch Canada beat down on America and their rag tag team of players. Seriously, they got nothing on D.

also that pretty much highlights why we're going to win the gold.

I think Canada should implement a new olympic strategy. Gold or don't come home.

At least tonight we get to watch Canada beat down on America and their rag tag team of players. Seriously, they got nothing on D.

also that pretty much highlights why we're going to win the gold.

Just for that I'm going tolaugh so hard if America beats you

yea, i know its not going to happen..just wishful thinking on my part

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Nothing in particular. It's just that with his ability to ad-lib and sense of humour, he comes off as so much better a host than any of the Canada AM people.

They got really strong when they got the Lillehammer games and have been able to maintain that strength. Similar to us when you consider the effect that Own the Podium had on Torino (an increase over Salt Lake City's 17 to 24 medals) and the very real possibility that we'll match or increase that total this week.