2010 Winter Olympics

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Guest DroMPHo

So papers in the States and the UK are either implying or flat out stating that the Canadian officials caused the death of the luger by seriously restricting his and other non-Canadian atheletes time on the course. AS A METHOD TO WIN MORE MEDALS.

SERIOUSLY?

I love that that has been reported as if no other host nation has employed those kinds of tactics before.

The Canadian officials caused the death of the luger by not making one more trip to Home Depot and scoring one more sheet of plywood. Cheap Canuck fucks. :shifty:

They would have, but they missed the deadline for the Home Renovation Tax Credit so they didn't see a point... :shifty:

• Like 1

Guest DroMPHo

Am I wrong in assuming there's rioting in the streets right now?

(CNBC only switched to the hockey game after the US lost to Japan in womens' curling. The announcer would say things like "only two stones left" as if this was some sort of failure on the part of the curlers.)

Am I wrong in assuming there's rioting in the streets right now?

(CNBC only switched to the hockey game after the US lost to Japan in womens' curling. The announcer would say things like "only two stones left" as if this was some sort of failure on the part of the curlers.)

MSNBC was airing the game up until that point.

I remember when the Olympics were on 4 different outlets for NBC .... no we get one (here in the DC area anyway). While I mean no offense to anyone that particularly enjoys the snowboarding downhill thing that was on yesterday ... I would have much preffered to watch the Men\'s Downhil, a sport with much more history and meaning to it (at least for the Olympics). The coverage has been crap in my opinion ... It seems like it went from being able to choose between 2 or 3 events to lucky if there\'s even another one on.

MSNBC, CNBC, USA NETWORK, Universal HD, Universal Sports are all showing the Olympics. Check nbcolympics.com for local listings.

Guest DroMPHo

And CNBC is now using the Canadian feed of Finland/China in women's hockey. I can only imagine the outrage if the Canadian broadcasters tried something similar, considering how worked up people get when TSN uses a Versus simulcast for a game they'd otherwise ignore. Good for them.

A crowd surge that caused a barricade to break at an Alexisonfire performance during the Olympics in Vancouver resulted in 19 people being sent to hospital. The incident occured at the start of the band's set and the concert ended immediately. Fortunately, only one person suffered serious injuries, that being a compound leg fracture. The band was performing as part of LiveCity, a series of free outdoor concerts in Vancouver during the Winter Games.

Shani Davis dominates in the mens 1500m. Unfortunately medal favorite Denny Morison of Canada came up flat, ending up 13th. Fortunately, Jessica Gregg and Marianne St Gelais both qualified for the final 4 in womens 500m, guaranteeing Canada 1 medal and with a good chance of 2 (Italian Arianna Fontana had the worst qualifying time in the semi's).

Don't like her hair and facially she looks too much like one of my cousins, but that said, if she wanted to grab my rocks I certainly wouldn't be averse to using my broom.

Didn't we have a US Curl Girls fan club last time out? Are they still drool worthy?