2010 Winter Olympics

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Guest DroMPHo

I'm almost glad I'll be out of the country for a week, this 'find anybody relevant to interview in the morning before the events start' gimmick is going to get old fast.

Jean Chretien always pops a rating! :shifty:

Jenn Heil ski's a sensational run, only to be edged out by an even more sensational run by Hannah Kearney. Canada settles for silver with one of our biggest gold medal favourites, but you have to give it to her: she didn't lose it; her opponent won it. We'll wait another day for Gold I guess.

Women's curling and women's hockey are probably the closest things we have to shoo ins.

Guest DroMPHo

Women's hockey there are no excuses. Men's hockey we like to say there are no excuses but there are some other really good teams. Women's curling China might be really really good. Men's curling David Murdoch is going to kick our ass.

Canada's long track speed skating team gets off to a great start with Kristina Groves, world ranked #4 in womens 3500m, managed to eke out a bronze and really just missed silver. Cindy Klassen's run was a great moment. She failed to break the top 10, but it was wonderful to see the reception she got after all she's been through in the past 4 years. A true Canadian Olympic hero.

The drought is over! After two Olympics and change of the dubious distinction of being the only host nation to never win a Gold medal on home soil, Alexandre Bilodeau skiied the run of his life to capture the gold in Men's freestyle moguls. What an amazing day in the history of Canadian sport.

Guest DroMPHo

Bilodeau :D

Surprising to see the NBC announcers make such a big deal about the first Canadian gold on home soil...guess Bob Costas has been paying attention to the Canadian media hype machine.

Unfortunately, can't find a link for non-UK, viewers, but did anyone see Joceleyne Lamoureux's goal against China? Amazing. BBC commentary on it is godawful though: "Oh! OHHHHHHHHH! I tell you! I tell you!"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic_games/vancouver_2010/ice_hockey/8515634.stm