2010 Winter Olympics

Guest Mr. Potato Head

American men's skip misses several potential game-winning shots, Denmark wins in extra ends. Olympic curling feels like a lower level of competition than the Brier.

US has lost 3 straight matches in the 11th end right? Yeah, the Skip has had a horrible run. Missed game winning shot in ever game so far.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I've condensed all my hate for NBC's curling announcer into one blog post, link in sig. Considering I'm heading back home tomorrow, that's the last you'll hear from me on that. (Y)

Also woo Nesbitt.

I was eating lunch at the time but I could have sworn that the Australian announcers said that Michelle Kelly (Canadian Skeleton slider) wanted to take up pro wrestling.

I'm 80% sure they said something about the Hart Family and Vince but I'm thinking that our dumbass announcers are taking something way out of context just wondering if that came up on any one else's feed.

It's live so I'll tape the replay when it comes on at some dog hour tonight.

I was eating lunch at the time but I could have sworn that the Australian announcers said that Michelle Kelly (Canadian Skeleton slider) wanted to take up pro wrestling.

I'm 80% sure they said something about the Hart Family and Vince but I'm thinking that our dumbass announcers are taking something way out of context just wondering if that came up on any one else's feed.

No. I googled michelle kelly pro wrestling and found an interview with canada.com...this is a part of it

Canwest: What is your dream job?

Kelly: My dream of a pro wrestling career likely won’t happen. I tried it and liked it but I had to put it on hold when I decided not to retire after the Salt Lake City Olympics (in 2002). But in the past year I got into the ring with Lance Storm, who used to be in the WWE, and he said, ‘Wow you could still definitely do this.’ I definitely have the skill sets because as a gymnast I can still do flips

Great shoot out, nice win for Canada. I'm excited to get my first look at the Russian team tonight. It'll be shame if they stop using pros next Olympics, hockey has been great so far.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Yeah, there's even been a couple news stories with her training at Lance Storm's academy.

As for the hockey...I was only able to tune in with about 9 minutes left in the third, but it looked to me like Canada's biggest problem - by far - is cohesion. Before anybody did anything, they would take a split-second to see if they had a teammate in the place they wanted a teammate in - giving the Swiss, who have played together a ton and have that cohesion, an extra split-second to get in position to stop Canada. Sometimes nobody at all was where Canada needed somebody.

These guys just haven't played together at all, and it shows. Perfect example - the power-play at the end of the third. Canada had the talent that at the very least, they should have been able to get a good funnel going. But because nobody knew exactly where anybody would be, we didn't get any good chances. Even junior teams look better on the PP than we did there.

Luckily it won't be as much of a problem against the US and Russia, because they'll be in the same position.

Yeah, the Swiss have really been pushing there way into the mix with teams like Slovakia, Czech, Finland and others. If they ever got some good scorer's they could win some of these games. No shortage of goaltender talent though.

Definitely a real team effort for them and I would not want to draw them in the elimination rounds.

Another Gold for Canada! What final lap for Christine Nesbitt! Have to watch that race again whenever it is NBC shows it.

If anyone is on the west coast....this race will be played at 1:25 AM. Ridiculous. I actually stayed up to watch this just now, hopefully NBC shows the medal ceremony too.