2010 Winter Olympics

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Unfortunately, can't find a link for non-UK, viewers, but did anyone see Joceleyne Lamoureux's goal against China? Amazing. BBC commentary on it is godawful though: "Oh! OHHHHHHHHH! I tell you! I tell you!"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic_games/vancouver_2010/ice_hockey/8515634.stm

Americans can watch it here http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-features/news/newsid=417988.html#u+s+women+thump+china

Australian sports officials are suggesting today that judges inflated Alexandre Bilodeau's scores to give the gold to the host country. Never mind the fact that Bilodeau got down the mountain in half a second less time, got better air and took on jumps with a higher degree of difficulty.

Fortunately we have an excellent healthcare system and a whambulance was immediately dispatched.

• Like 2

Australian sports officials are suggesting today that judges inflated Alexandre Bilodeau's scores to give the gold to the host country. Never mind the fact that Bilodeau got down the mountain in half a second less time, got better air and took on jumps with a higher degree of difficulty.

Fortunately we have an excellent healthcare system and a whambulance was immediately dispatched.

Retaliation for some of Dale Begg-Smith's spambots slowing down the judges' computers, undoubtedly.

And with this being the first time I've ever really sat down and watched moguls for any length of time...holy shit. Highly enjoyable, men's and women's. When both are done right, it's awesome to see, and when they're done wrong...well, there's just enough Vinko Bogataj potential to make it interesting.

Short track was highly fun, especially because lol, Koreans...and figure skating badly needs more criminal conspiracies and/or sex scandals to make it worth watching again.

The people who built the track caused his death by making it so freaking fast. They wanted to make sure it was the fastest it could be so they made the vertical drop too steep. They succeeded at making it fast at the cost of making it safe.

Snowboardcross is fun.

WHEN DOES THE CURLING START? :@

Today! A guy I know who follows curling says our Men's team has a good shot but the Women's team isn't hot.

Fixed

And to add something to the thread - Australians are shitty losers, So our reaction to getting silver and thinking that we were robbed is no big news.

So papers in the States and the UK are either implying or flat out stating that the Canadian officials caused the death of the luger by seriously restricting his and other non-Canadian atheletes time on the course. AS A METHOD TO WIN MORE MEDALS.

SERIOUSLY?

I love that that has been reported as if no other host nation has employed those kinds of tactics before.

So papers in the States and the UK are either implying or flat out stating that the Canadian officials caused the death of the luger by seriously restricting his and other non-Canadian atheletes time on the course. AS A METHOD TO WIN MORE MEDALS.

SERIOUSLY?

I love that that has been reported as if no other host nation has employed those kinds of tactics before.

Exactly. Training times are monitored by the IOC are they not? I'm sure Canada had to open up the facilities for x amount of hours...and they did. This Georgian kid had 26 runs on the track including 6 in the week leading up the Olympics. It was an accident....it happens. People have died playing different sports....you accept the risks when you go into it.

Guest DroMPHo

Only on the USA Network...it's Curling For Dummies! The play-by-play guy (RIP Don Chevrier, who would have probably been newbie-friendly without being stupid) has managed twice, in the first three rocks thrown, to say that an end is 'like an inning in baseball'...which isn't true at all, except for the part where it's how the game is divided up.

Only on the USA Network...it's Curling For Dummies! The play-by-play guy (RIP Don Chevrier, who would have probably been newbie-friendly without being stupid) has managed twice, in the first three rocks thrown, to say that an end is 'like an inning in baseball'...which isn't true at all, except for the part where it's how the game is divided up.

You have to understand that most Americans are completely ignorant when it comes to talking about sports that aren't basketball, football or baseball. They have to simplify it. That is how I would describe an end too. At least they explained it....NBC has been horrible this year explaining scoring rules for sports it has been airing.