UFC News and Discussion Thread

I'm sure there's a bit of bias coming in as I'm not a big fan of Silva, and I liked Bisping in TUF, it just irked me somewhat that Silva did basically nothing outside of the final minute of a round. There's certainly no denying it was close and I don't think it was a controversial decision as such, I just saw it going the other way.

There was at least one where Bisping popped straight back up, that's my point, if Bisping has a takedown effectively nullified because he didn't do anything after it, then any that Silva had like that should similarly be discounted. Regardless, I'd have thought the takedown in and of itself is enough to score points, no?

I liked UFC 110, nice to see Sotiropoulos and Velasquez defeating the old guard.

With those two impressive victories and the controversy surrounding the Bisping-Silva decision and the Bonnar-Soszynski headbutt..., it's easy to forget the first two matches but hey.. Ryan Bader really impressed me. He dominated Jardine and then took him out in brutal fashion. I really want to see him facing someone big next, like Couture or the winner of Vera-Jones (read: Jones).

I didn't really see anything in Ryan Bader here. His real strength is his wrestling and he couldn't even use it against someone like Keith Jardine, when he fights tougher opponents than Jardine I see him having a real tough time trying to use his wrestling to his advantage there. While he does have knockout power, his boxing needs improvement. I see Bader as a solid mid level fighter. I just can't see him getting past anyone better than Jardine.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this isn't relevant to the current day, but it didn't fit in with the MMA news thread, so humor me...

With me starting my new 2001 UFC diary I have gone back and watched a few of the events, and at UFC 30 Jens Pulver comes to the ring to the same music as the old Hardy Boyz theme... awesome :)

I remember an ordeal where that same music turned up in some news broadcast and other forms before it was realized that it was just a generic house theme recorded somewhere down the line. It's pretty interesting how popular that actual piece of music was if you are able to find a list of where and how it has been featured.

There are a few wrestling themes that are just generic music. I've heard the Hardys' theme in a couple of different commercials and on a tv show.

Booker T's old WCW/WWE theme is also generic music, if I remember right. I remember hearing it in a commercial or movie or something a few years ago, when he was still using it.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

This fight...not so fun. I have LC getting rounds one and three, but normally I like him so who knows. Every round could go either way though IMO.