UFC News and Discussion Thread

I'm like dead certain the fight I want to see the most will never happen, because one guy is the most injury prone fighter in the world and the other is the dumbest one :(

I also unfortunately don't see any way Cerrone can stop Khabib from taking him down.

UFC really needs to amend the knee to the head rule. Jason was getting smashed but the ref separates the fighters because maybe he had one finger on the mat strategically (not even sure if it was even on there). Jason scores a sick submission on the next exchange that doesn't happen if it weren't for him getting that free reprieve.

UFC really needs to amend the knee to the head rule. Jason was getting smashed but the ref separates the fighters because maybe he had one finger on the mat strategically (not even sure if it was even on there). Jason scores a sick submission on the next exchange that doesn't happen if it weren't for him getting that free reprieve.

Sorry, I might be misunderstanding you, but are you saying UFC needs to make knees to the head of a grounded opponent legal?

Sorry, I might be misunderstanding you, but are you saying UFC needs to make knees to the head of a grounded opponent legal?

Not at all. I said reform, not scrap. The situation is guys on their feet strategically trying to dangle a hand or even a finger to the mat to draw the infraction. In this particular instance, the opponent really had no way of even seeing if that hand was on the mat in the first place (and it's questionable if he truly reached it as well), yet it caused a break that ultimately decided the match. Obviously a guy who is truly down (be it on hands, knees, etc.) should not be subjected to a legal knee to the head, but if you're completely on your feet and trying to dangle a hand to the mat rather than fighting your way out, that's a little irritating.

Edited by HeadChuck McGill

Fuckin hell, I've only just seen the comments made by Bethe Correia about Ronda Rousey and her dad. I really hope Rousey destroys her now!

• Like 1

It's not the UFC who make the rules. They just follow the ones which are set by the athletic commissions

Yeah I did a search earlier and saw Dana himself complaining about it in an article a few years ago, so they would change it if they could.

I'm not sure I understand the stoppage for a busted nose to be honest. I'm glad Condit won that fight but the stoppage just didn't make a lot of sense. What's the ruling on that? I know they'll stop it for cuts above the eye due to it potentially causing blurry vision but not sure on the nose thing.

It's probably so that it doesn't cause permanent damage. Same for like a broken limb, I would imagine.

The thing is, a broken limb can cause them to be unable to fight back. A broken nose causes them to breathe through their mouth. Meh, either way Condit wins and I wouldn't mind seeing him work his way to a title fight again. Him against Lawler or Rory would be pretty fun.