General boxing thread

EddieG

Price and especially here it's the time. It's hard to shell out 15-20 quid on top of having to wait till about 3am. 

Not gonna lie i just watched the full fight on YouTube in the morning. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is the obvious fight to have in the sense that unifying all the titles is desirable, but I'm feeling uneasy about this. Rumours are spreading that Saudi Arabia is a likely location, which would be crap. Something like this would ideally take place in a big stadium in England, but the uncertainty caused by the pandemic might well mean that that's off the table.

My biggest concern is how fans will act during the build-up. AJ's caught flak for his involvement in the London Black Lives Matter protests, and Fury seems to have a lot of support from the world's more prejudiced fans. I think there's a real chance that racial tension could become a big part of this.

6 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

This is the obvious fight to have in the sense that unifying all the titles is desirable, but I'm feeling uneasy about this. Rumours are spreading that Saudi Arabia is a likely location, which would be crap. Something like this would ideally take place in a big stadium in England, but the uncertainty caused by the pandemic might well mean that that's off the table.

My biggest concern is how fans will act during the build-up. AJ's caught flak for his involvement in the London Black Lives Matter protests, and Fury seems to have a lot of support from the world's more prejudiced fans. I think there's a real chance that racial tension could become a big part of this.

You can't have the fight in England because then Fury's "adviser" Daniel Kinahan couldn't go - he's wanted by Interpol.

Pandemic or no pandemic, there's 0% chance of this fight happening in the UK. Far too much money to be made elsewhere.

1 hour ago, MadJack said:

Anthony Joshua and scumbag Tyson Fury have agree two fights, but the role of notorious Irish gangster Daniel Kinahan has been criticised after scumbag Tyson Fury thanked him for his role in setting up the fights.

Not surprised scumbag Tyson Fury would be linked to Kinahan tbh.

I can't believe how little attention it's getting that a literal drug kingpin organised the fights. He's currently hiding out in Dubai and has ordered the killings of god knows how many people in Ireland in addition to the drugs.

5 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

My biggest concern is how fans will act during the build-up. AJ's caught flak for his involvement in the London Black Lives Matter protests, and Fury seems to have a lot of support from the world's more prejudiced fans. I think there's a real chance that racial tension could become a big part of 

Hasn’t race been a major contributor to big fights throughout boxing’s history, though? It’ll definitely be in this in. Even Wilder / Fury had connotations of it. 

Not to downplay the obvious scumbaggery involved in getting this fight apparently organised but it's not like boxing hasn't always had unsavoury characters involved both in terms of the fighters and promoters but other background figures 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...