Smackdown vs Raw 2011

jrtdot

• Admin

There it is. Vince has been added to the page as the final Raw guy. They also added Hornswoggle (Manager), Paul Bearer (Manager), and Shelton Benjamin to the SmackDown side. That leaves 3 spots open for SmackDown, I'd say Mickie James and Mike Knox are safe bets.

The only other active wrestler candidates for the last spot are Jimmy Wang Yang, Slam Master J, and Kung Fu Naki. Frankly, I can't see how any of those guys got in over Khali (even if he WAS planning on taking time off) or even Chris Masters (who got relegated to DLC) so I'd guess it is going to be something totally out of left field, like a playable Matt Striker or something.

Tiffany will be the 3rd spot (as a manager or NPC)

Yeah the mode looks really fun. Every time I try to do a sim fed with a SmackDown game, I invariably get bored after about 2 in-game months. This should hold my interest for much longer.

The only real bummer will probably be the match limits. I don't know who confirmed it and where but it'd been widely said on other boards that you will be limited to 3 matches for Superstars (no big deal, that's standard), 5 for Raw/SD (probably could do with one more but not bad), and 6 for PPVs (that's the real kicker. most WWE PPVs nowadays are only 6 matches, but in games like EWR I usually always have 8 matches. having to limit WM to 6 matches would kinda suck)

But other than that, this looks really awesome and I can't wait to play it.

Also, Vince McMahon is definitely the last Raw guy. On the WWE Universe vid they scrolled through A-E on the roster and Carlito was nowhere to be seen. Safe to say he was either left out oddly like Khali or he got booted from the game due to his drug-related release.

I don't get why they would include match limit's, 6 for a PPV is really stupid

There it is. Vince has been added to the page as the final Raw guy. They also added Hornswoggle (Manager), Paul Bearer (Manager), and Shelton Benjamin to the SmackDown side. That leaves 3 spots open for SmackDown, I'd say Mickie James and Mike Knox are safe bets.

The only other active wrestler candidates for the last spot are Jimmy Wang Yang, Slam Master J, and Kung Fu Naki. Frankly, I can't see how any of those guys got in over Khali (even if he WAS planning on taking time off) or even Chris Masters (who got relegated to DLC) so I'd guess it is going to be something totally out of left field, like a playable Matt Striker or something.

Tiffany will be the 3rd spot (as a manager or NPC)

Tank confirmed that she was in the game, but was strictly a NPC character in Road to WM. Supposedly out of the 14 question marks, only 2 were NPC and they've both been announced.

Come onnnnnnnn playable Matt Striker! :shifty:

Guest JukeboxHero

I'm thinking Daniel Bryan will be released as DLC at some point down the road. At least, I'd hope so. He's been rather important this year.

I'm left wondering what other legends will be revealed as well. Still shocked at seeing Lex Luger's picture there.

Yeah the mode looks really fun. Every time I try to do a sim fed with a SmackDown game, I invariably get bored after about 2 in-game months. This should hold my interest for much longer.

The only real bummer will probably be the match limits. I don't know who confirmed it and where but it'd been widely said on other boards that you will be limited to 3 matches for Superstars (no big deal, that's standard), 5 for Raw/SD (probably could do with one more but not bad), and 6 for PPVs (that's the real kicker. most WWE PPVs nowadays are only 6 matches, but in games like EWR I usually always have 8 matches. having to limit WM to 6 matches would kinda suck)

But other than that, this looks really awesome and I can't wait to play it.

Also, Vince McMahon is definitely the last Raw guy. On the WWE Universe vid they scrolled through A-E on the roster and Carlito was nowhere to be seen. Safe to say he was either left out oddly like Khali or he got booted from the game due to his drug-related release.

I don't get why they would include match limit's, 6 for a PPV is really stupid

Aside from Wrestlemania and NOC, 6 is the norm for a PPV now.

Only having 6 matches isn't a huge deal.

Can we decide who wins some of the matches on a card without playing them? Hope so.

I really wouldn't think so. WWE would think that as a violation of kayfabe, picking who wins. Plus WWE Universe mode is the new Exhibition mode, I think

So I finally caved and bought a second hand 360, and it came with SDvR 2009. While Road to Wrestlemania mode is fun (I've played through Jericho's, Triple H's and Punk's so far and they've all been entertaining, although Trips' was littered with him squashing half the main event scene in handicap matches then expecting a challenge against the same guys in singles matches... ¬_¬), the actual gameplay is about as fun as squirting lemon juice in my eye.

Each worker has about six grapple moves (though with Cena being the figurehead of the company at the time, I can see why they limited everyone else's moveset ¬_¬), and even once I got used to the new controls it was hard to make your wrestler do most of them. The 'strong grapple' moves are mainly the same for all the workers I've tried so far (the torture rack-to-forward roll thing Lance Storm used to do, a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker and another one I can't remember).

I still to this day haven't worked out what Punk's non-finisher Specials are, since no matter what position I put the guy in, the option was never there to use my stored one. Oh, and on the subject of movesets, why do 95% of Jericho's ground moves work the legs, when neither of his finishers affect the legs at all? If you're going to limit the movesets that much when you've got a million button combinations you could use, at least make the moves you are allowed to do productive... no?

CAW mode is horrendously slow and terribly limited compared to the old SD games.

Does 2011 address any of these issues, or am I better off saving my money? Because after I've finished all the RTWs, been through a career with my CAW and seen all the cool spots in TLC/Cage/Chamber matches, I can't see any reason I'd pick the game up again. I used to play SD5 (and SD2) allll the damn time, they were great games to just pick up and play. Actual matches in 09 just aren't much fun.

hey guys, i am going to preorder this game cause it looks cool im from the uk, havent preordered a game since smackdown hctp so im a bit behind, now what im asking is which is best to preorder from, i want the bret hart dvd which means game or gamestation, seeing as i havent preorded for a long time just wondering which one would get the game to me the quickest? or if i should just stick with game as i have a reward card? any advice please guys

Edited by the gurn
  • Like 1

I would imagine that you will get a fairly similar quality of service from both retailers as Game now owns Gamestation. I've heard mixed reports about delivery times, but there have been plenty of people who have received pre-ordered games either on or before their scheduled release dates. If, as you say, you have a Game reward card, you might as well go with them, but the difference will probably be negligible.

I would imagine that you will get a fairly similar quality of service from both retailers as Game now owns Gamestation. I've heard mixed reports about delivery times, but there have been plenty of people who have received pre-ordered games either on or before their scheduled release dates. If, as you say, you have a Game reward card, you might as well go with them, but the difference will probably be negligible.

Ahahahaha, no. They're still run as seperate companies, and there's a bunch of differences in policies. Also, Game staff tend to be snotty, unknowledgeable fuckwads, whereas Gamestation folk tend to have a bit more of a clue.

It's £31.85 with shopto.net for both PS3/360 - I know it was £25 in both Asda and Tesco on release day last year, but then again so was FIFA, which was hiked up to £30 this time around.

Also, shopto is good for sending out games early - two of my friends had FIFA on the Wednesday, two days before release. They make sure they get stuff out early, because if you don't receive it before or on the release day, they credit your account with money.

• Admin

I have to say that I am actually really looking forward to buying the game this year.

I used to buy every year faithfully up until 2008 when they quite frankly began to seriously suck. I considered last year but when it came to the crunch improved customization just wasn't enough to swing it for me. I have little time to really get into games nowadays so all those added design modes and whatever else just wouldn't be any use to me.

This year, the new physics system looks awesome and I'm really looking forward to an improved HIAC. With every thing combined I'm pretty sure I won't regret buying this year >_>

EDIT: Just watched a video of The Rock performing his finishers on his profile over at that Smackdown vs. Raw site and I noticed that they have duelling chants for him and Austin, is that new this year? It's a nice touch. Glad to see a new Rock Bottom and People's Elbow too.