The not-so-leet Music Thread 2011

Lowerdeck

I was disappointed by it! I really like Alexisonfire so I shoved the new one on CD player at work the day it came in and I was upset. I knew it was going more downbeat but I wasn't expecting something wetter than Snow Patrol!

But then again, my favourite of next week's releases that I've heard so far is Wu Lyf, so I might just be mad.

I was disappointed by it! I really like Alexisonfire so I shoved the new one on CD player at work the day it came in and I was upset. I knew it was going more downbeat but I wasn't expecting something wetter than Snow Patrol!

But then again, my favourite of next week's releases that I've heard so far is Wu Lyf, so I might just be mad.

I think new city and colour is less immediate than his previous releases, but he has always been melancholy and he really expands on his repertoire with this, often moving in a much more blues twinged direction and I feel the recording has really captured his vocal range more impressively than ever.

To be honest, I don't really 'get' City & Colour (musically, and I literally only just 'got' the name a few weeks ago :shifty:). I mean, he's okay, but I keep thinking it should really be an awful lot better than it actually is. Still haven't given the new one a proper listen yet, but from what I've heard it seems more of the same.

Benjamin Francis Leftwich album is really sweet, just finished listening through properly. Don't think he'll top "Atlas Hands". "Box Of Stones", "Butterfly Culture" and "Last Smoke Before The Snowstorm" are really nice though. Proper 1st album Jose Gonzalez vibe to it. Big fan.

Los Campesinos were the highlight of my great day out to Get Loaded in the Park. The fact that they only played a half hour set has me ithcing for more and I cannot wait until they go on tour. Thanks YI for helping me discover them through your 100 albums of the year because they're quite easily my favourite band at the moment.

On my way back from PIX fest now. One highlight that I feel like typing out was definitely karaoke with the some of the bands, including Best Friends Forever having the best stage presence ever, but mostly the Heathers and a drunken Gary from Fashanu attempting to rap "Jenny from the Block."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Realized I haven't pimped The Taxpayers here. If you get a chance to see them live, do it. Do it.

This is the only video that I can find from their PIX fest set and it captures only like one fifth of the insanity and energy of their set.

http://youtu.be/oHRtlbm4weo

I don't know how to embed >_>

Surprised YI's not mentioned The Horrible Crowes, featuring Brian Fallon. Really looking forward to the album, probably more excited for that than anything else this year, barring Frank Turner.

There's also a single released, Behold the Hurricane.

:)

Also, word is the new Gaslight Anthem is moulded more in the sound of "The '59 Sound" with a twinge of "The Senór & The Queen" EP. :o