The not-so-leet Music Thread 2011

Lowerdeck

So Minnaars have split up. :( Shame. Quality band who really could have been big. The more 'electronic'/dancey direction they were going with this year's EP was awesome.

So, so, so good. :(

Someone needs to put the EP version of that tune on youtube. Totally massive. Makes me want to dance around my bedroom like a twat.

New Battles has leaked too. It has like the worst album cover ever. Actually maybe not. New Dredg has leaked, and appear to have both the worst album name and front cover of all time.

Edited by YI

99.99% sure these are going to be my "punk-rock band to pimp for 2011" - http://www.myspace.com/banquetsamerica

You can download the new Spraynard album, "Funtitled" for free/pay what you want donation - http://www.ifyoumakeit.com/album/spraynard/funtitled/

And in less awesome news, Rx Bandits are splitting up. :( All went to shit when they lost the horns anyway.

Edited by YI

Spraynard album is sick! 3-listens already and totally loving it. "O.R They?", "Little Green Ghouls", "Damn You, A Box", "Homies Where The Heart Is", "Not Good Enough Gary" and "Joe Gallgher's Fantasy Fun Camp" totally kill.

The Guernsey Festival Of Performing Arts has the most delightfully silly line-up I have ever seen at a festival. It's wonderful.

Ocean Colour Scene!

Chipmunk!

Gaslight Anthem!

Audrey Horne!

The Go! Team!

Hayseed Dixie!

Example!

My mate Brett's doom band!

....and the other Guernsey festival is being "headlined" by Breed 77 and [spunge]. Glorious.

I really enjoy new tvotr. Wasn't expecting very much of it all because they've not really made an album I like all that much since Desperate Youth...and I don't even like it that much. But I put it on at work last week just for the hell of it and it really won me over.

that new Metronomy is grand, as is High Llamas. Some lovely summery sounds there.

Okay, sod it, new TVOTR is wonderful. I'd rate it better than Desperate Youth, maybe on par with Return to Cookie Mountain. Not a touch on Dear Science, but then again, what is?

Yeah, like I said, I was the same way. At first it didn't really do anything for me but after a few listens I really like it.

Anyone here going to Latitude? It's going to be my first festival and I'm so fucking excited. The line up this year doesn't quite live up to last years, but there's a bunch of bands I cannot wait to see; Bombay Bicycle Club, Foals, The Vaccines, Crystal Fighters, The Naked and Famous and a bunch of others.

Anyone here going to Latitude? It's going to be my first festival and I'm so fucking excited. The line up this year doesn't quite live up to last years, but there's a bunch of bands I cannot wait to see; Bombay Bicycle Club, Foals, The Vaccines, Crystal Fighters, The Naked and Famous and a bunch of others.

I wanted to work it but can only work one festival this year, so I will be working Leeds, as you know, I always go. But the line up for Lattitude looks awesome, and I hear its a really cool chilled out festival, its put on by the same people who do Leeds/Reading and The Big Chill (which I want to go to one year, eventually).

Wanted to go back to Groezrock after last year, the line up isn't as good but would still be a great few days. Hopefully I can return next year as it was bloody awesome and I did it all Carlisle-Belgium return and festival tickets for the same it would have cost me for a Leeds ticket. Plus I probably would prefer Groez to Leeds anyways.