The not-so-leet Music Thread 2011

Lowerdeck

Yeah, Sonar shutting down is sad. :( Maryland Death Fest out of the picture as well, at least until they find a new venue which, if I've been informed correctly, is what they are working literally 24/7 on right now. I'm not going or anything, just a bit sad to see such a great line-up perhaps get thrown out of the window.

Fuck yeah, Fight Fair!

More in-style of their EP stuff than the Beach Boys meets obnoxious pop-punk debut album (still a total giggle though).

And as much as a hate going against Zoli, he's a vegan or some shit, I'm backing Pour Habit guy.

Edited by YI

In a fight.. who would win?

In the blue corner, the bass player of Pour Habit. Steeeeve Williaaaaaaaams!

l.jpg

pour-habit.jpg

And his opponent, in the red corner, the vocalist of Ignite and Pennywise. Zoliii Teeeglaaaas!

img2681.jpg

Ignite_ZoliTeglas_studio05.jpg

I think Zoli would get off to a flyer, come out like a pitbull before Williams used his superior size to his advantage. Then Zoli would bail to save a dolphin but Williams would knock him out and get the win.

Thoughts?

no contest due to interference from Trent Reznor

45aea149.jpg

In a fight.. who would win?

In the blue corner, the bass player of Pour Habit. Steeeeve Williaaaaaaaams!

l.jpg

pour-habit.jpg

And his opponent, in the red corner, the vocalist of Ignite and Pennywise. Zoliii Teeeglaaaas!

img2681.jpg

Ignite_ZoliTeglas_studio05.jpg

I think Zoli would get off to a flyer, come out like a pitbull before Williams used his superior size to his advantage. Then Zoli would bail to save a dolphin but Williams would knock him out and get the win.

Thoughts?

no contest due to interference from Trent Reznor

45aea149.jpg

Shoryuken!

Also, new Okkvervil River is good stuff.

If you ever get the chance to see The Gaslight Anthem in New Jersey, do it. They've got a whole different energy at a home show, absolutely tore it down last night at Bamboozle.

I might have to do that sometime. I saw them in Boston and Bonnaroo, but I can imagine it goes on a whole other level.

God I've been loving these guys recently, the fact she pretty much out raps Busta Rhymes, Lil Wayne and Chris Brown on her own as a skinny white girl is rather humerous.

She does pull some annoying faces mind you. That said.. still would. All ower. Allll ower. etc.

God I've been loving these guys recently, the fact she pretty much out raps Busta Rhymes, Lil Wayne and Chris Brown on her own as a skinny white girl is rather humerous.

She does pull some annoying faces mind you. That said.. still would. All ower. Allll ower. etc.

I actually really enjoy the stupid faces. Really working for me. :shifty:

NadiaOhColours.jpg

Am I weird that I prefer the new Nadia Oh to Uffie? It has more coherent melodies (autotuned to high fuck though). It still amazes me how a certain type of music can be so terrible, yet brilliant at the same time. Plus there's the odd occasion where the Nadia Oh album breaks into total Alice Deejay hook territory (1:15-1:29 in "Soopermodel" which bares basically no relation to the rest of the song).

Also listening to far too much of the band Mixtapes at the minute. Just really resonating at the moment for some reason.

Edited by YI

SUMMER!

We also have new album leaks from Arctic Monkeys, The Indelicates, Project Jenny Project Jan, Dutch Uncles and Swimming With Dolphins.

Also tossed together a bit of a 'summer' playlist which I might upload at some point. About 15-songs.

And fuck, "Life In Glorious Colour" by Screaming Maldini is honestly one of the best tracks I've ever heard. And I mean upper level best, the very best. If you like Arcade Fire/Los Campesinos whatever, get it on the go. Unreal.

Edited by YI

SUMMER!

We also have new album leaks from Arctic Monkeys, The Indelicates, Project Jenny Project Jan, Dutch Uncles and Swimming With Dolphins.

Also tossed together a bit of a 'summer' playlist which I might upload at some point. About 15-songs.

And fuck, "Life In Glorious Colour" by Screaming Maldini is honestly one of the best tracks I've ever heard. And I mean upper level best, the very best. If you like Arcade Fire/Los Campesinos whatever, get it on the go. Unreal.

Got a link, can't find that anywhere. Also would be interested in that Polarsets.

The Polarsets song is on a new Kitsuné sampler that's just been released/floating about, shouldn't be that hard to track down. Album should be out by the end of the year I think (I know they started recording late last year).

And Screaming Maldini - http://www.mediafire.com/?i9hwyow6vpydc2e

The Submarines supporting Mountain Goats on their UK tour this month. :D And on that note;

SUMMER Pt.2!

Edited by YI

Bloody amazing to listen to, perfect when relaxing and the sun is shining or before heading up town, works both ways. Not had much of sun shine lately, still a quality listen though. Hopefully the EP is good and Jakwob will no longer be known as the artist that remix Eliie Goulding and instead be known for making quality tunes like this.

New Indelicates album is a little strange. Totally camp musical theatre stuff at times, not as accessible as some of their other stuff, but damn good all the same.

New Arctic Monkeys is boring, but better than their last.