The not-so-leet Music Thread 2011

Lowerdeck

Yeah, it's meant to be really chilled out, but then in it's meant to be quality in the evening with raves in the woods, or some shit. There's a whole bunch of us going, so it should be a lot of fun. I just know I'm going to take a lot of drink and just enjoy it.

If Los Campesinos got announced it'd make my year. However, they've been announced for another festival which overlaps a day or two. :crying:

Yeah. Out of the 3 songs floating about, "You Are A Tourist" is my least favourite, but I still think it's good. I'm not sure whether I prefer "Some Boys" or "Home Is A Fire" yet though. Love the chorus to "Home Is A Fire". It's total "We Have The Facts..." style chorus, but with broad atmospherics and glitches and shit;

Edited by YI

Just got back from seeing The Kabeedies, who were amazing. Looks like the singer has lost a fair bit of weight and is now really, really hot. Second time I've seen The Cads as well, they're getting better each time I hear them. A guy I used to do shows with is now their synth player, which was really surreal to see. These Ghosts were also pretty good. Quality gig for £6.

Poly Styrene, formerly of X-Ray Spex, died yesterday after a much-publicised battle with cancer.

I suppose now isn't the best time to say that I thought her critically-acclaimed solo album that came out this year was bollocks?

I thought her solo stuff was really, really disappointing...fairly bog-standard new "indie" type stuff, with a lot of clumsy political rhetoric and stuff about meeting boys on Facebook...it's not the inspired masterpiece the press labelled it as, it feels like something that should have been recorded by a twenty-something and mostly gone under the radar.

In other news -

http://soundcloud.com/musiclikedirt/paper-lizzards

The Clash, mixed with M.I.A., with vocals by Scroobius Pip. Quite a fan.

www.aural-sex.co.uk

For all the best in dubstep, drum and bass, and anything that sounds like robots having sex. It's ran by my mates and just getting off the ground so if you could visit, browse, like it on facebook and pass it friends who may be interested that would be ideal. It's just started really so could use a bit of help I guess.

Thank you boys.

If you ever get the chance to see The Gaslight Anthem in New Jersey, do it. They've got a whole different energy at a home show, absolutely tore it down last night at Bamboozle.

In a fight.. who would win?

In the blue corner, the bass player of Pour Habit. Steeeeve Williaaaaaaaams!

l.jpg

pour-habit.jpg

And his opponent, in the red corner, the vocalist of Ignite and Pennywise. Zoliii Teeeglaaaas!

img2681.jpg

Ignite_ZoliTeglas_studio05.jpg

I think Zoli would get off to a flyer, come out like a pitbull before Williams used his superior size to his advantage. Then Zoli would bail to save a dolphin but Williams would knock him out and get the win.

Thoughts?