House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

On 06/01/2019 at 18:21, Azazel said:

- I kind of see why there is a theory that Bronn's last name is actually Reyne.  When he meets Tywin and finishes "Bronn, son of..." with "you've never heard of him" and Tywin stares at him like he sort of recognizes him.  I still don't like the idea that Bronn is secretly plotting something, but I wouldn't be opposed to it being revealed his is Bronn Reyne and he is just a sellsword looking for his own castle and nothing more nefarious. 

I had heard this Bronn's last name is Reyne and he is the last surviving member of his house thing and didn't really think too much of it.  However, this part above made me kind of see where it came from, but Season 2 has a lot more too it.  Bronn becomes the leader of the City Watch but refuses to wear a Gold Cloak (House Reyne's sigil was a gold lion).  Bronn can actually read which is something most people in Westeros cannot do (for example, at the same time Tywin has issues because one of his men, Amory Lorch, was so bad at reading that he sent an inventory report a Stark Bannerman by mistake).  I still think its a weird theory and I don't really like it, but I kind of see it now.  I wonder if Bronn is going to end up getting Casterly Rock and the  tale of the Reynes of Castamere end with the Lannister's losing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Azazel said:

I had heard this Bronn's last name is Reyne and he is the last surviving member of his house thing and didn't really think too much of it.  However, this part above made me kind of see where it came from, but Season 2 has a lot more too it.  Bronn becomes the leader of the City Watch but refuses to wear a Gold Cloak (House Reyne's sigil was a gold lion).  Bronn can actually read which is something most people in Westeros cannot do (for example, at the same time Tywin has issues because one of his men, Amory Lorch, was so bad at reading that he sent an inventory report a Stark Bannerman by mistake).  I still think its a weird theory and I don't really like it, but I kind of see it now.  I wonder if Bronn is going to end up getting Casterly Rock and the  tale of the Reynes of Castamere end with the Lannister's losing.

image.png

image.png

:pervert: 

Got through most of Season 3, girlfriend was starting to tap out and I did not want her to miss the Red Wedding.

- My favorite line in the show, by far, is "Tarly, I forbid you to die."  I love the Jeor Mormont character and I absolutely hate what happens to him in the story.  I know it had to happen but it still hurts.  Girlfriend pointed out most of my favorite characters in everything are cranky old men with a soft side.

- Dolores Edd is also a gem in his early appearances before he became Jon's #2.  The whole "you left me" and him honestly answering "you're fat and slow and we didn't want to die" and just shrugging when Grenn stares at him.  I really hope Edd doesn't meet the same miserable fate that every other Night's Watch member meets and ends up being Jon's Kingsguard or something.

- Seriously though, the Nights Watch has it rough in this story.  Benjen becomes a wight and dies, Jeor killed by mutiny, Halfhand captures and gets himself killed, Pyp killed in the Battle of Castle Black, Grenn dies killing Mag the Mighty, Aemon dies of old age, Janos is beheaded, Alliser is hanged, the mutineers get killed, even Jon dies.  I'm pretty sure Edd and Sam are the only named members of the Night's Watch to not die.

- My girlfriend loves Shae, I cannot wait to see her crushed by that storyline.

- Rewatching this season makes me really wish they had played out Jamie's hand more like the books since it was so much better than just "Locke showing Jamie he isn't that special".  If you haven't read the books this is what happens.  Locke is replaced with Vargo Hoat.  Hoat was a sellsword leading a group called The Brave Companions.  Hoat worked for Tywin, but decided to turn on Tywin and join Roose Bolton and helped him take Harrenhal.  He captures Jamie but fears Roose is going to join the Lannisters which would leave him in an awful spot since he just turned on them and killed their men.  He cuts off Jamie's hand thinking Roose won't be able to join Tywin since his men just maimed his son.  It doesn't work, but it adds a lot more depth to the entire thing.

- Another major change is Robb Stark's wife.  In the books he marries a girl named Jeyne Westerling who is the daughter of a Lannister bannerman.  He doesn't bring her to the Red Wedding so she doesn't die (and isn't pregnant). It's a minor change except for a very off hand part in the books where they mention after the Red Wedding that Tywin paid the Westerling's a lot of money... so it's possible that Tywin actually plotted to have Robb marry someone else which led to the Red Wedding.

- "The Lightning Lord" Beric Dondarrion is probably my favorite name of any character in this series and I have no idea why.  Gerold "Darkstar" Dayne is probably #2 but he doesn't make it into the show.

- My girlfriend knows how much I love Syrio Forel, she came up with a theory that Daario Naharis is a faceless man and possibly Syrio.  It's clearly not accurate at all but I laughed a lot because she picks the one dude who gets recast next season and actually does inadvertently completely change his face.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Azazel said:

- My girlfriend knows how much I love Syrio Forel, she came up with a theory that Daario Naharis is a faceless man and possibly Syrio.  It's clearly not accurate at all but I laughed a lot because she picks the one dude who gets recast next season and actually does inadvertently completely change his face.

So Daario=Euron=Benjen=Syrio=Jaqen?