House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

After much speculation, the role Sherlock co-creator and co-starMark Gatiss will be taking on for Game of Thrones is a mystery no more.

The actor’s casting on the HBO show was announced in July byEntertainment Weekly, but without a character name attached. After months of leaving fans wondering what part he’ll have in season 4, the character has been revealed. According to his CV, Gatiss will be playing the role of Tycho Nestoris.

Nestoris is a representative of the Iron Bank of Braavos, legendary throughout the world of Game of Thrones for always getting back the money they lend. Those who fail to repay them will find the Iron Bank funding their enemies, Tyrion warns in season 3, and the Crown is in heavy debt to the Iron Bank.

Ours is the Fury: I hadn’t considered Nestoris for Gatiss when speculating, but only because this introduction of the character is earlier than in the books. He’s a great fit for the role, and I think his knack for dryness, snark, and intelligence will suit the part perfectly.

After much speculation, the role Sherlock co-creator and co-starMark Gatiss will be taking on for Game of Thrones is a mystery no more.

The actor’s casting on the HBO show was announced in July byEntertainment Weekly, but without a character name attached. After months of leaving fans wondering what part he’ll have in season 4, the character has been revealed. According to his CV, Gatiss will be playing the role of Tycho Nestoris.

Nestoris is a representative of the Iron Bank of Braavos, legendary throughout the world of Game of Thrones for always getting back the money they lend. Those who fail to repay them will find the Iron Bank funding their enemies, Tyrion warns in season 3, and the Crown is in heavy debt to the Iron Bank.

Ours is the Fury: I hadn’t considered Nestoris for Gatiss when speculating, but only because this introduction of the character is earlier than in the books. He’s a great fit for the role, and I think his knack for dryness, snark, and intelligence will suit the part perfectly.

Oh yes, that's absolutely wonderful casting. I've just re-read one of the parts in which Nestoris appears and I can see Gatiss playing him as he did Mycroft - not slimy, but very distinctly unusual.

• 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBsmzXCS0KY

Approaching with caution.

And so begins the extending of the show.

They've gotta make this shit last until Dream of Spring comes out after all... and that shit isn't happening any time this decade.

• 2 weeks later...

More casting news! From AVClub:

Russian actor Yuri Kolokolnikov has been cast as Styr, the Magnar of Thenn, in the upcoming fourth season of Game Of Thrones.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Most of my friends filled the void of Game of Thrones by watching Breaking Bad, and spoiled that for me instead. :(

I have an unfortunate habit of missing shows by years, I'd only finished Season 3 of BrBa before everyone I know finished it and ruined the ending for me. I already read the first two books in A Song of Ice and Fire so knew what happened, but liked the TV show so much I wanted to go into Season 3 without knowing what would happen, and had managed to keep it that way, thankfully.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...