House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

He was in the first two trailers. In the first one he was shown, albeit in a long shot facing down a lancer outside Meeren in what I guess, well am sure, is him taking Strong Belwas' place in how those events unfold.

The same scene is then in the second and shows a brief (probably a second or less) close up of him throwing something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBsmzXCS0KY

Approaching with caution.

And so begins the extending of the show.

They've gotta make this shit last until Dream of Spring comes out after all... and that shit isn't happening any time this decade.

You will hear no complaints from me on that front.

...and disregard the previous, because it is in the trailer. Hrm.

Well, we already know that Oberyn/Mountain is happening, so I doubt anyone takes down The Mountain but Oberyn. I'm pretty sure the changes talked about is just the fact that Bronn will be replacing Ser Illyn Payne as Jamie's sparring partner. I doubt any of Bronn's story from the books will really be retained past that, but he doesn't really have much story anyway, so it's not exactly a huge loss. Keeps him around more, too.

Good episode. Pretty much setting things up for next week's, introducing Oberyn, but still pretty good.

You immediately know Oberyn's a badass, what with the stabbing and the nonchalantness of it all.

Also, that end with The Hound and Arya? And Arya reciting back what that guy said when he killed Lommy? And him realizing at the last moment who Arya is? And her being a total badass? I mean, man, that whole fight at the end was freakin' great.

Not really sure on the general spoiler rules in here, so I will tag them just in case.

Surprised that we only saw a little bit of Joffrey but man am I loving the Hound/Arya connection. I'm also sneakily getting excited for the battle at the wall which looks like it could be fan-fucking-tasitc.

Safety spoilers.

I can see why there has been doubt from some people over Pedro Pascal's casting as Oberyn Martell but I thought he was wonderful. The recasting of Daario Naharis is great too, never liked the other guy who played the role.

Top quality opening to the series, high hopes for the rest of the series.

Actual spoilers, separated for those who haven't read the books.

Next week is the Purple Wedding episode, right? I have been waiting for that for so long.

• Like 1

This show is the bestest.

Safety spoilers.

I can see why there has been doubt from some people over Pedro Pascal's casting as Oberyn Martell but I thought he was wonderful. The recasting of Daario Naharis is great too, never liked the other guy who played the role.

Top quality opening to the series, high hopes for the rest of the series.

Actual spoilers, separated for those who haven't read the books.

Next week is the Purple Wedding episode, right? I have been waiting for that for so long.

Book spoilers.

Granny Tyrell said a fortnight, so it could be two weeks. I can't wait for that shit, though, I'm just going to be smiling the whole way through. Also, isn't that inn fight the one where the Hound is supposed to get injured? Didn't look injured to me.