House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Hound/Arya book and show spoilerish thoughts

I think they may go for more of a redemption angle with Sandor and have him fighting off some attackers long enough for Arya to make an escape onto a boat, then he ends up shipped down the river and to sanctuary.

This show is the bestest.

Safety spoilers.

I can see why there has been doubt from some people over Pedro Pascal's casting as Oberyn Martell but I thought he was wonderful. The recasting of Daario Naharis is great too, never liked the other guy who played the role.

Top quality opening to the series, high hopes for the rest of the series.

Actual spoilers, separated for those who haven't read the books.

Next week is the Purple Wedding episode, right? I have been waiting for that for so long.

Book spoilers.

Granny Tyrell said a fortnight, so it could be two weeks. I can't wait for that shit, though, I'm just going to be smiling the whole way through. Also, isn't that inn fight the one where the Hound is supposed to get injured? Didn't look injured to me.

Book/episode title spoilers.

Next weeks episode is called the Lion and the Rose, and was written by Martin. It's almost certainly the Purple Wedding.

This show is the bestest.

Safety spoilers.

I can see why there has been doubt from some people over Pedro Pascal's casting as Oberyn Martell but I thought he was wonderful. The recasting of Daario Naharis is great too, never liked the other guy who played the role.

Top quality opening to the series, high hopes for the rest of the series.

Actual spoilers, separated for those who haven't read the books.

Next week is the Purple Wedding episode, right? I have been waiting for that for so long.

Book spoilers.

Granny Tyrell said a fortnight, so it could be two weeks. I can't wait for that shit, though, I'm just going to be smiling the whole way through. Also, isn't that inn fight the one where the Hound is supposed to get injured? Didn't look injured to me.

Book/episode title spoilers.

Next weeks episode is called the Lion and the Rose, and was written by Martin. It's almost certainly the Purple Wedding.

Ah, you're right. That makes more sense. I just thought they'd draw it out.

God, could it be possible I DON'T want Joff to die? :(

That's two more seasons for two more books.

I'm still convinced with a bit of padding you can get 3 seasons out of Feast + Dance, but if Martin can TWOW finished then who knows how much material you might have to work with.

I know they said they'd like to finish at 7 seasons, but I have no idea how they can say that when they don't know the size of TWOW, let alone Dream of Spring.

Oh man, Dream of Spring is never going to be finished before the show. :P

Martin's said a few times that he's told Benioff and Weiss where things are going in case he dies/the show surpasses his output, so I imagine he's given them enough to construct a rough timeline for everything.

Yeah, I expect it'll end well, regardless of how far away it gets from the books, it'll just suck reading the books and seeing scenes that'll never get made and so on.

Also going to suck hard for anyone that's followed the books since the start to have the ending ruined by the show.

Awesome episode.

Man, I missed GoT.

Hound not getting injured makes me happy. Bronn was funny, Oberyn was badass, Arya was a super badass and Daario wasn't a total asshat (I don't like him in the books). This is gonna be a goooood season.

I love the paring of Tyrion and Bronn. I haven't read the books, but their characters seem to be just so on point with each other that their chemistry really shows. Also, question since I don't know how long spoilers are spoilers for, but just to be safe.

Also, is Oberyn the guy that Tywin sent Tyrion to talk to? The one that Tyrion said wanted to kill his whole family?

Book spoilery (Dance with Dragons) question relating to the show:

I remember reading that the show makers were veering away from doing one series per book, instead picking the plot for the series from across all the books in approximately choronolgy.

When do we think Jon Connington, Aegon et al will be coming into it? Series 5?

Yeah, I don't see those introduced until Season 6, late Season 5. I'm hoping that the big new character for 5 will Crows Eye. If there's one character that needs more to do in the show than the books, it's him.

• Like 1

Waitaminute. Book spoilers.

Is everyone in agreement that the way Balon died was just a huge coincidence that coincides with Stannis and his sacrifice of blood, or do we all really think R'hllor had something to do with that?

I personally think that R'hllor did have something to do with it, but they haven't actually proved his existence, right? Or am I forgetting something?