The Budweiser FA Cup

If you unintentionally handle the ball to prevent a goal it's a penalty though. Not saying you're wrong but I find it odd that you can gain an attacking advantage from an accidental handball but not a defensive one.

Found the last 'handballs have to be deliberate' discussion:

But there is no distinction between attacking and defending, a handball has to be deemed deliberate by the ref to be penalised. As discussed the actual interpretation always tends to involve 'unnatural position/movement' etc since no ones actually going to deliberately handle it unless in a last ditch take one for the team goal saving attempt.

Is unintential hand ball not the same as ball to hand? Which isn't a foul as far as I'm aware?

It's clear from watching it that he didn't mean it. How is it cheating if you don't intend to do it?

But the long and the short of it is it was a goal and no matter what anyone says Luis Suarez will keep getting booed and maligned even if he doesn't do anything wrong.

Because most people in football journalism have decided that he's worse than cancer.

It's clear from watching it that he didn't mean it. How is it cheating if you don't intend to do it?

It really isn't. But this whole topic is now so boringly overblown, and since I was more bothered by the ludicrous yellow cards given to Shola than this handball I'm abandoning thread.

• Like 1

Is unintential hand ball not the same as ball to hand? Which isn't a foul as far as I'm aware?

But the long and the short of it is it was a goal and no matter what anyone says Luis Suarez will keep getting booed and maligned even if he doesn't do anything wrong.

Because most people in football journalism have decided that he's worse than cancer.

It's the by product of being a diving, racist, biting, cheating cunt. I'm not really sure what you expect. You act like a dick enough times and people are going to dislike you. He's not the first footballer to be widely disliked for things he's done previously and he won't be the last. It's entirely his own fault.

• Like 1

Does John Terry get any abuse from away fans for the Anton Ferdinand thing?

Eric Cantona kicked a fan in the face. Was he routinely booed?

Week in week out watching Suarez, the reputation is worse than he is. Especially this year.

I honestly can't tell what, specifically, John Terry gets abuse for anymore. All the noise just blends together into one catch-all expression of hatred.

Unless your question was really meant as "does John Terry get any abuse from the away fans for [insert any past discretion here]"...in which case, yes. Yes he does.

• Admin
Bournemouth could be worth a punt tonight. Bias aside, they're unbeaten since Eddie Howe took over many months ago plus Wigan are planning on resting many players - no di Santo or Kone (ACON).

Bournemouth finally lost :(

Still - Leeds away is a good tie for us. Lennon will be up for the game in front of his old club.

• Admin

Arsenal replace the suspended Laurent Koscielny with Per Mertesacker in central defence. Francis Coquelin replaces Lukas Podolski in midfield, while striker Olivier Giroud comes in for Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain. Swansea make six changes in total, including Danny Graham replacing top scorer Michu up front.

Interim Chelsea manager Rafael Benitez makes two changes from the side which beat Stoke 4-0 at the weekend. Oscar and Gary Cahill are in. Southampton also make two changes - there's no Rickie Lambert.

10 changes from the side that beat Liverpool at the weekend;

Man Utd: Lindegaard, Da Silva, Jones, Smalling, Buttner, Valencia, Anderson, Giggs, Nani, Rooney, Hernandez. Subs: Amos, Ferdinand, Carrick, Welbeck, van Persie, Scholes, Kagawa.

West Ham: Jaaskelainen, Spence, Reid, Tomkins, Potts, O'Neil, Diarra, Diame, Taylor, Vaz Te, Carlton Cole. Subs: Spiegel, Nolan, Jarvis, Collison, Demel, Lletget, Lee.

Referee: Phil Dowd (Staffordshire)

A good team, and plenty on the bench should we require it.