General Movie Thread

Jimmy

10 hours ago, livid said:

I'm way too cynical because I can't really shake the feeling that this is a stupid stunt to increase interest. 

People don't put page-big ads in The Hollywood Reporter out of speculation. I assume. It's likely to start the good PR campaign since Len Wiseman, Bruce Willis et al have a lot of ground to make up after the dogshitfest that was Die Hard 5.

Pftt Die Hard 4 was fine, even if it didn't have the best execution. 5 was utter dross though.

• Like 1

The original Die Hard is an unmatched action movie classic. None of the sequels ever managed to even come close to be as good as the original. Some where enjoyable movies in their own right though. Die Hard 2 was a good action movie. Die Hard 3 started out strong and evolved into a complete clusterfuck as the movie went on. But in my opinion it was still an enjoyable movie overall. But the cracks began to show.

Die Hard 4 was shit. And that had nothing to do with it being PG-13. Although it was a travesty that they had to censor McClane's catchphrase because of that. It concluded the evolution that started in Die Hard 2 from McClaine being an everyman into a generic action movie protagonist that can withstand superhuman amounts of punishment without as much as a scar that was completed with Die Hard 5. Although I'm still suspicious that they didn't just randomly take an generic action movie screenplay and decided to slap the name Die Hard on it and change the protagonist's name to John McClane.

5 hours ago, Ultra Rare Colly said:

Which ironically is what they did do for Die Hard 3 yet it still remained wonderful. I love Die Hard 3...

I do too, other than the original, it's my favorite one. I also really liked 4 for what it was, a big crazy action movie with the Die Hard name on it. Only one I hate is 5 and 2 is alright.

10 hours ago, Benkid Nada said:

I just hope that film has not killed the idea that Miles Teller can be a star in the future, because the guy deserves any role he wants.

I'd say the same for Michael B, but he'll probably get tons of praise for Creed.

I don't think Fantastic Four will really derail anybody's career outside of Trank's. I think most people understand that the thing was a mess. 

• Like 1

On November 26, 2015 at 8:13:08 AM, Whisper said:

So, Creed is getting wonderful reviews. This makes me happy, I'll always love the Rocky franchise.

Except 5, fuck Rocky 5.

Michael B. Jordan was on Bill Simmons' Podcast and said that even Sly has started to disavow Rocky Vee. 

Creed was fantastic though, I think that Jordan and Sly will get nominated. I usually never care about this type of stuff, but the directing was awesome. The movie looked fantastic, Ryan Cooler did an awesome job.

It looks like the trailer for every musician's biopic ever, but I'll be damned if my interest isn't piqued. I've been a Hank Williams fan since I was a teenager, and Tom Hiddleston looks like he's going to be fantastic in the role.

• Like 1