General Movie Thread

Jimmy

I posted in t'other thread, but yep. 

On 28/01/2018 at 13:52, Colly said:

Coco got me right in the feels, add it to the list of Pixar films that had me in tears in parts. It's also easily the most beautiful animated film I've ever seen. They've been brilliant for ages, but everything looked perfect, just little things like textures on clothes etc (the brother with the Adidas Mexico top), and the backgrounds were incredible. 

They had a head start since it's a setting I've loved since Grim Fandango, but I loved it. 

• Like 3

I looked that up because I'm a swell guy, didn't see anything other than an article from August that said Cameron was still on for it. 

That does remind me, it's weird how some movies still don't have proper Blu-Ray releases yet. I would think the Abyss would already be on Blu-Ray? That's not some weird little obscure movie. 

On the other hand I did find some good amazon deals, such as the first 7 Nightmare on Elm Streets on Blu Ray for 40 bucks! 

I've been looking around at movies, feel like after quite a few years of not watching them as much I'd like to start watching them more. I really loved movies as a kid, and for some reason the last ten years or so I've kind of watched less of them. Obviously I didn't stop completely, that would be silly, but definitely not like I used to. So anyway, I'm thinking of trying to slowly replace my DVDs with Blu-Ray if possible. I'm also sick and rambling still. Thanks for listening. 

23 minutes ago, VocalVomit said:

I looked that up because I'm a swell guy, didn't see anything other than an article from August that said Cameron was still on for it. 

That does remind me, it's weird how some movies still don't have proper Blu-Ray releases yet. I would think the Abyss would already be on Blu-Ray? That's not some weird little obscure movie. 

On the other hand I did find some good amazon deals, such as the first 7 Nightmare on Elm Streets on Blu Ray for 40 bucks! 

I've been looking around at movies, feel like after quite a few years of not watching them as much I'd like to start watching them more. I really loved movies as a kid, and for some reason the last ten years or so I've kind of watched less of them. Obviously I didn't stop completely, that would be silly, but definitely not like I used to. So anyway, I'm thinking of trying to slowly replace my DVDs with Blu-Ray if possible. I'm also sick and rambling still. Thanks for listening. 

I don't see the point of Blu-Ray unless it is for a really visual film. I do want Sunshine on Blu-Ray, that'll be amazing.

On February 3, 2018 at 12:21, VocalVomit said:

My impression is that Abyss is probably the least remembered Cameron movie. Even True Lies is talked about more than the Abyss. It's a shame because it's a good movie. 

I watched When we First Met The Netflix made romcom that was recently released this morning.  Pleasently surprised, it's funn and pretty heart warming and uses common movie tropes as a plot device while paying strong homage to Big and Groundhog Day.  Plus Adam DeVine does really well in the lead role.  Definitely an easy watching 90 mins.

3 hours ago, Rich said:

I watched When we First Met The Netflix made romcom that was recently released this morning.  Pleasently surprised, it's funn and pretty heart warming and uses common movie tropes as a plot device while paying strong homage to Big and Groundhog Day.  Plus Adam DeVine does really well in the lead role.  Definitely an easy watching 90 mins.

You big old softy 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2018 at 19:49, Rich said:

I actually ended up watching this today and a really fun film to watch during dinner time or something similar. Just a very nice time.

The Big Sick is on Amazon Prime and goddamn, what a good movie (and super sad at times). I kind of wish it didn't stop where it did, but I get why. I went in knowing how it would end, obviously, but I want to know what people who didn't know about Kumail or Emily thought about the movie and everything that happened.

• Like 1

Honestly, when I first heard they were making a RAmpage movie....I thought it was going to be dumb as hell.  The trailers, though, have me thinking it'll just be a fun popcorn movie

• Like 1

My aunt hated it, and I definitely have seen/heard people coming out of the theater it plays in at my work hating it.

Personally, I liked but didn't love it. I thought it was a really beautiful movie with a great cast but it didn't grab me in a major way.

13 hours ago, Lint said:

Honestly, when I first heard they were making a RAmpage movie....I thought it was going to be dumb as hell.  The trailers, though, have me thinking it'll just be a fun popcorn movie

Surprisingly, it does look really good.

I once made up the dialog for a voiceover to a Dig Dug movie. Unfortunately, I can't find it, but I had Bruce Campbell in it.