General Movie Thread

Jimmy

1 hour ago, Hobo said:

thor_4.jpg

See!  It's uncanny!

1 hour ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Olivia Colman's acceptance speech was absolutely incredible. 

Have to echo this. I skipped over so much of the show because it's mostly all twat (Best Picture lololololololol). Best Actress category was something I was looking forward to, because I felt it'd be good if anyone won, and when Colman won I saw her reaction and felt she'd be really cool. Instead, she was just amazing in general.

That and the live performance of Shallows was definitely worth the watch.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

She is just lovely isn't she? I don't think she ever comes across as anything other than just the most likeable person on earth. Seeing how happy Emma Stone was for her was really sweet too.

Also, Green Book winning :wacko:

The Oscar results felt like some nice surprises (how well Alfonso Cuaron did, Olivia Colman, Regina King and the Black Panther wins were all lovely) with some seriously terrible decisions (Green Book as Best Picture, Bohemian Rhapsody winning editing and production awards).

Yeah, delighted with Cuaron winning what he did. Kinda baffled by how well Bohemian Rhapsody did really, sound mixing seemed to mostly constitute just playing Queen tracks and calling it a day. 

I like Rami Malek, but I dunno. Not convinced. Thought it was a bit weird that his clip when running through the nominees was just basically just him miming. Dunno who I'd have rather won that award though either really, not blown away by any of the nominations. Probably would have gone for either Ethan Hawke for First Reformed or Ben Foster for Leave No Trace. Feel like at least one of those two should have been at least nominated.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Josh to the World said:

And Green Book winning over both Black Panther and BlacKKKlansman is just about the most White Nonsense thing ever. 

Don't get the hype about Black Panther, but BackKKKlansman should have won it, that was a fantastic film.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Josh to the World said:

RE: Best actor - Willem Dafoe.

And Green Book winning over both Black Panther and BlacKKKlansman is just about the most White Nonsense thing ever.

I've watched the Green Book, and it is just not a good movie. Outside of Mahershala Ali in what is basically his least interesting performance (besides Alita now) of the past few years, it's pretty shit.